Dirt Bike Laws? Ditches, Trails, Etc....
Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:44 PM
Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:11 PM
• You may not operate an OHM in ditches, unless it is a trail designated for OHM
use. OHMs registered for highway use may operate on roadways. See diagram
on page 7.
• A valid driver’s license with a motorcycle endorsement is required to operate
anywhere on road rights-of-way including crossing roads. The only exception
would be on portions of a designated trail that specifically include a road
• Your OHM must have a headlight, taillight, and brakes to be operated on a public
road. The lights must be on while operating on a trunk, county, state aid, or
county highway; or when crossing a public road right-of-way, one-half hour after
sunset to one-half hour before sunrise; or in conditions of reduced visibility.
• You must wear eye protection when operating an OHM.
• You may not exceed 10 mph on the frozen surface of public waters within 100
feet of a person fishing or a fish house or other shelter.
• Sound levels for OHMs manufactured after 1986 may not exceed 96 decibels
when operated on public lands
Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:38 PM
Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:19 PM