MNSBR: Truck Is For Sale =( - MNSBR

Jump to content

  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Truck Is For Sale =( FML i'm gonna miss this thing

#16 User is online   Marls Icon

  • Marls
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 3,951
  • Joined: 29-April 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North metro
  • Interests:Anything that goes bwaaaAAAAAAAAA
  • Ride:1000rr Race. Jonahs old fiddy.

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

View PostTorchsport, on 05 December 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

I get that. It's just that I've had trucks since 1981. Don't know how I'd survive without one.
The newer Toyotas and Nissans (Titan) have gotten to be pretty good these days. I'll consider one someday.

I've always had one as well. But they are getting so crazy expensive now, and my wife's car can tow everything that we need to tow so there is no need for one. Who knows maybe i'll make it a couple years then buy one again, but i doubt it.

They are convenient to have, but so many of my friends have them, plus you can rent one for 40/50 bucks a day. Soooo I think i'll sell mine.
0

#17 User is offline   Champ Icon

  • ziggy zaggy...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 13,451
  • Joined: 09-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bloomington, MN
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:50 PM

View PostMarls, on 05 December 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

I've always had one as well. But they are getting so crazy expensive now, and my wife's car can tow everything that we need to tow so there is no need for one. Who knows maybe i'll make it a couple years then buy one again, but i doubt it.

They are convenient to have, but so many of my friends have them, plus you can rent one for 40/50 bucks a day. Soooo I think i'll sell mine.

Not long ago I blew the motor on my car, and starting daily driving our F350. I made it 2 weeks before I started looking for new cars.

Kudos to the people who can daily drive them, but man I do not see any sort of advantage whatsoever to doing it.
0

#18 User is offline   dsmking Icon

  • DSMking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 2,865
  • Joined: 05-November 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Between a rock and a hard spot
  • Interests:Stuff...like with motors and gas and stuff.
  • Ride:- 2011 yz450f supermoto

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:12 AM

Itís a Toyota, they hold there value like gold if there kept in good shape, I bought mine out of Wisconsin a few years ago for 21k private party, was the cheapest with the lowest miles, it was on Craigslist the summer before but the owner took it off due to having a hard time letting it go lol posted it the following fall and I swooped in, Looked at chev and ford fuck dodge, couldnít bring my self to buy a vehicle that would not be worth nearly what I paid 5 or 6 years down the road, so I bought my 2010 tundra rock warrior, absolutely love the truck, Iíll be sticking with mine for a long time, but if I do get the bug for a newer one I know for a fact itíll be worth more than most same year chev or ford or dodge of the same size and year.

Attached File  16AFAD7A-AF64-40E9-AEAA-AE594FAAB425.jpeg (224.11K)
Number of downloads: 21
0

#19 User is online   Marls Icon

  • Marls
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 3,951
  • Joined: 29-April 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North metro
  • Interests:Anything that goes bwaaaAAAAAAAAA
  • Ride:1000rr Race. Jonahs old fiddy.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostChamp, on 05 December 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

Not long ago I blew the motor on my car, and starting daily driving our F350. I made it 2 weeks before I started looking for new cars.

Kudos to the people who can daily drive them, but man I do not see any sort of advantage whatsoever to doing it.


Me neither. Love my little car as a daily.

View Postdsmking, on 06 December 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

Itís a Toyota, they hold there value like gold if there kept in good shape, I bought mine out of Wisconsin a few years ago for 21k private party, was the cheapest with the lowest miles, it was on Craigslist the summer before but the owner took it off due to having a hard time letting it go lol posted it the following fall and I swooped in, Looked at chev and ford fuck dodge, couldnít bring my self to buy a vehicle that would not be worth nearly what I paid 5 or 6 years down the road, so I bought my 2010 tundra rock warrior, absolutely love the truck, Iíll be sticking with mine for a long time, but if I do get the bug for a newer one I know for a fact itíll be worth more than most same year chev or ford or dodge of the same size and year.

Attachment 16AFAD7A-AF64-40E9-AEAA-AE594FAAB425.jpeg


Sweet truck! Yea I don't understand how the CM is worth so much more than the extended cab. The extended cab actually has a ton of room. No idea how they made it so spacious.
0

#20 User is offline   Torchsport Icon

  • 300,000+ miles served
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 3,424
  • Joined: 15-August 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Elk River area, MN
  • Interests:Riding fuel injected, liquid-cooled, 2 wheeled motorbikes.
  • Ride:'16 BMW S1000RR. '15 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR. 2006 Harley V-Rod. 03 Yamaha YZF-R1. 2018 YZ250FX.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

Do they come with man sized boxes? I can't survived with less than 6.5'.
0

#21 User is offline   POE Icon

  • ◊ ◊
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,098
  • Joined: 01-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Circle Pines
  • Ride:600RR race x2
    SV650 race
    '17 Grom
    '14 Grom
    YZ250F

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostTorchsport, on 06 December 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

I can't survived with less than 6.5"


That's what she said.
0

#22 User is offline   ZZR Joel Icon

  • I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 8,586
  • Joined: 01-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Delano
  • Ride:2007 Kawasaki ZZR600

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

Here is my theory, when I see major construction companies switching their fleet from Ford and Chevy to this bitch ass vehicle, I will rethink this. Until then, they have proven they are an A to B fleet "truck" and nothing more, a good hatch back can do that. Ford has been building trucks since 1925. You don't last 92 years and being the major brand in work vehicles building shit.
0

#23 User is offline   ZZR Joel Icon

  • I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 8,586
  • Joined: 01-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Delano
  • Ride:2007 Kawasaki ZZR600

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

View Postdsmking, on 06 December 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:


This is the biggest pile of shit I have ever seen. You spent money, like real U.S. dollars on that? I could have built something better out of 2x4's, duct tape and sticks.
It looks like Dodge and Nissan had an illegitimate love child, while Nissan was pregnant, Dodge pushed her down the stairs but not hard enough. 9 months later this monstrosity popped out eating its own shit and sniffing glue under the bleachers.
0

#24 User is offline   Torchsport Icon

  • 300,000+ miles served
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 3,424
  • Joined: 15-August 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Elk River area, MN
  • Interests:Riding fuel injected, liquid-cooled, 2 wheeled motorbikes.
  • Ride:'16 BMW S1000RR. '15 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR. 2006 Harley V-Rod. 03 Yamaha YZF-R1. 2018 YZ250FX.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:33 PM

Lol :catfight:
0

#25 User is offline   dsmking Icon

  • DSMking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 2,865
  • Joined: 05-November 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Between a rock and a hard spot
  • Interests:Stuff...like with motors and gas and stuff.
  • Ride:- 2011 yz450f supermoto

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:58 AM

View PostMarls, on 06 December 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Me neither. Love my little car as a daily.


Sweet truck! Yea I don't understand how the CM is worth so much more than the extended cab. The extended cab actually has a ton of room. No idea how they made it so spacious.


Itís definitely a decent size cab, the front leg room is what got me, a friend has a 2011 ram and the trans tunnel is so wide that it was almost uncomfortable sitting in the passenger seat, the back seat in my friends 2015 f150 is terrible fronts not nearly as bad as the dodge is pretty close if not the same as our trucks! Lol when my times up and I finally shmuck a deer I plan on converting the front end to the 2015 and up body style, Iíd love to get a TRDPRO but holy crap that price tag
0

#26 User is offline   Vrooom Icon

  • Its coming rite at me!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 3,015
  • Joined: 22-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hastings ,mn
  • Ride:sold !2012 Gsxr 750,sold!2011 Ninja 1000 Sport tour thang"sold" ,09 Ktm 690 SMC Vrooom Vrooom!!! 06 Red GSXR 750 Sold!!!, 11 YzF 450 SuperTard/Mx

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:15 AM

View Postdsmking, on 07 December 2017 - 02:58 AM, said:

Itís definitely a decent size cab, the front leg room is what got me, a friend has a 2011 ram and the trans tunnel is so wide that it was almost uncomfortable sitting in the passenger seat, the back seat in my friends 2015 f150 is terrible fronts not nearly as bad as the dodge is pretty close if not the same as our trucks! Lol when my times up and I finally shmuck a deer I plan on converting the front end to the 2015 and up body style, Iíd love to get a TRDPRO but holy crap that price tag


Hitting a deer is my theory for upgrading my 02 chevy. Hopefully before it rust apart.
0

#27 User is offline   dsmking Icon

  • DSMking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 2,865
  • Joined: 05-November 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Between a rock and a hard spot
  • Interests:Stuff...like with motors and gas and stuff.
  • Ride:- 2011 yz450f supermoto

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:19 AM

Haha yea itís just a matter of time where I live, hopefully not but thereís been some close calls already, I work night shift so my chances quadruple
0

#28 User is offline   ZZR Joel Icon

  • I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 8,586
  • Joined: 01-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Delano
  • Ride:2007 Kawasaki ZZR600

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

View Postdsmking, on 07 December 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

Haha yea itís just a matter of time where I live, hopefully not but thereís been some close calls already, I work night shift so my chances quadruple

And you probably drive like shit, added with your terrible choice of tires (you know the ones you chose because the look "cool" not functionality) your stopping time now sucks even more ass, so it's not IF but WHEN. You should just start that abomination of a "vehicle" on fire and take a bicycle to work. It would be safer for the rest of us, I mean hell, you have to wear that helmet in everyday life, at least now you would have a reason.
0

#29 User is offline   crakerjac Icon

  • I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newb
  • Posts: 225
  • Joined: 04-January 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plymouth MN

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

View PostZZR Joel, on 07 December 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

And you probably drive like shit, added with your terrible choice of tires...

Posted Image
0

#30 User is offline   POE Icon

  • ◊ ◊
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,098
  • Joined: 01-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Circle Pines
  • Ride:600RR race x2
    SV650 race
    '17 Grom
    '14 Grom
    YZ250F

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:16 AM

He just needs to vent sometimes. His parents never hugged him.
0

Share this topic:


  • 6 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users