#31 User is offline   Champ Icon

• ziggy zaggy...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

Sent you a PM

#32 User is offline   Beckett Icon

• I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:Like the wind!

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:04 PM

Hey Kent! If you are still doing tree removal I need some help with one that I just need dropped. Can't put it off any longer. Give me a call -- six 5 won -3 7 three - nine too ate 8.

#33 User is offline   Torchsport Icon

• 300,000+ miles served
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Riding fuel injected, liquid-cooled, 2 wheeled motorbikes.
  • Ride:'16 BMW S1000RR. '15 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR. 2006 Harley V-Rod. 03 Yamaha YZF-R1. 2018 YZ250FX.

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:07 PM

View PostBeckett, on 23 April 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Hey Kent! If you are still doing tree removal I need some help with one that I just need dropped. Can't put it off any longer. Give me a call -- six 5 won -3 7 three - nine too ate 8.

In case he doesn't see this, I would just call/text him.

sex 1 too ate 6 eight 3 for 1 fore

#34 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Ride:WR250R, FJR1300, RC51, RS50

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:53 AM

Thanks Torch.

Yep, I'm still working trees. It is my way to get people to pay me to exercise. Step it up folks, I'm starting to loose the shape. May have to start hitting the weights again.

This summer I'm considering adding Craigslist or Home Advisors and build the business a bit. Duke, my son, has started training for up-in-the-tree work. We are licensed and bonded now and could make this a nice way for Duke to build up college funds.

The business started with my brother who's goal was to save friends/family/neighbors much of the cost of tree work. We still have that as a primary goal. I'm confident customer testimonials will support at least 50% savings over the full-time companies. I don't think I'm taking business from other companies, I look at my help as assisting home-owners who would have tried to handle these somewhat dangerous tasks themselves.

Anyway, get in touch if you need me.

Later,
Kent Larson from Woodbury
text/talk: sex 1 too ate 6 eight 3 for 1 fore

#35 User is offline   crakerjac Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newb

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:42 AM

I've got the 3 pines in the front yard the wife wants brought down this year. My trailer is full of crap right now, so I will have to get in touch with you once I find a place to dump it.

#36 User is offline   Beckett Icon

• I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Ride:Like the wind!

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:21 AM

Message received Kent. Hope to work with you soon!

#37 User is offline   Champ Icon

• ziggy zaggy...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

Kent is awesome and bonus perk you can talk about racing in the good ole' days too!

#38 User is offline   Torchsport Icon

• 300,000+ miles served
  • Interests:Riding fuel injected, liquid-cooled, 2 wheeled motorbikes.
  • Ride:'16 BMW S1000RR. '15 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR. 2006 Harley V-Rod. 03 Yamaha YZF-R1. 2018 YZ250FX.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:53 AM

I just scheduled with Ken for cutting trees next month. Anybody wanting to secure his services better contact him soon before he is fully booked. :thumbup:

#39 User is offline   slopoke Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • Interests:takin it slo because I loves you girl
  • Ride:segway to the lrt

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:50 AM

just curious how you dispose of a tree. I just bought a house that has a near death pine tree in its front yard its about 16' tall and Id say the base trunk is roughly 12-14" its pretty much a big Christmas tree. I was going to cut it down myself when I got around to it. Are there people that want it? does Hennepin co have a "tree dump"?

#40 User is offline   mike4king Icon

• Weeeeeee!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:2003 600rr track, 2012 V-Star1300 street

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:54 AM

View Postslopoke, on 25 June 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

just curious how you dispose of a tree. I just bought a house that has a near death pine tree in its front yard its about 16' tall and Id say the base trunk is roughly 12-14" its pretty much a big Christmas tree. I was going to cut it down myself when I got around to it. Are there people that want it? does Hennepin co have a "tree dump"?

Maple Grove has a yard waste site Click Here, but you have to be a resident of certain cities to use it for free and the tree/brush/whatever has to be cut down into reasonable chunks. They also have a max diameter that you can bring there without having to pay.

#41 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Ride:WR250R, FJR1300, RC51, RS50

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:12 AM

View Postslopoke, on 25 June 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

Here's your link to help with yard waste and tree disposal in Hennepin County: Hennepin Tree Disposal

If not in Hennepin a quick google for "XXX county yard waste disposal" should get you what you need.
Be careful about restrictions on moving tree waste across county lines. For example, you can't move Ash between counties right now.

Later,
Kent Larson from Woodbury

#42 User is offline   ripperd Icon

• aka Dean
  • Interests:snowmobiles, bikes
  • Ride:08 WR250X/R, Kymco 125, CRF50

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:18 AM

View Postmike4king, on 25 June 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

Maple Grove has a yard waste site Click Here, but you have to be a resident of certain cities to use it for free and the tree/brush/whatever has to be cut down into reasonable chunks. They also have a max diameter that you can bring there without having to pay.

The cost is really not that much even if you have to pay. $9 per cubic yard for brush and chunks up to 36" diameter. A typical pickup bed is 1.5 cubic yards. So even a heaping truck box is probably about $20.

#43 User is offline   Marls Icon

• Marls
  • Interests:Anything that goes bwaaaAAAAAAAAA
  • Ride:1000rr Race. Jonahs old fiddy.

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:52 PM

Just looking for some advice here. We had a tree die in the front yard so I cut it up and hauled it away np, but I do not want to tackle taking the roots out, and I would like to re-plant a tree if possible. The guys that are doing our concrete apron in the driveway said I can rent a stump grinder, then grind it down in to the ground an inch, put dirt over it and plant a tree a few feet away and it won't matter.

Can anyone back up that claim? I can just grind it down and plant a tree a few feet away from it and no worries? Its about this size:
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   ripperd Icon

• aka Dean
  • Interests:snowmobiles, bikes
  • Ride:08 WR250X/R, Kymco 125, CRF50

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

Yup, but grind it as deep as the grinder will allow. Otherwise at first grass won't grow well, and later over time as it rots you will get a sinkhole in your lawn. That is a small one and you can knock it out quickly.

It should take you maybe 30 minutes with this guy: https://broadwayrent...nder-towable-2/

#45 User is offline   mike4king Icon

• Weeeeeee!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:2003 600rr track, 2012 V-Star1300 street

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:23 PM

Cut it as low as you can with a chainsaw, that'll save tons of time. I rented a grinder like the one linked above (but from Home Depot) and it took me a lot longer than I expected to get two 8" diameter stumps ground down to ~3" below ground level. You could also drill holes in the stump, pour kerosene in, and smoke it out but that takes 6-12 hours of slow burning (and some cities frown upon doing that).

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users