MNSBR: Good bike mechanics - MNSBR

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Good bike mechanics Post who you know and contact info.

#31 User is offline   riverszzr Icon

• Time is a great teacher, but it kills all its pupils...
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:Kawasaki 07 ZZR600/89 and 97 250Ninja/ 97 ZX-6

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:14 AM

I have 25+ years experience and sportbikes are my specialty, in the 80's through the mid 90's I sent many racers to many racetracks ( Daytona,blackhawk farms, Brainerd, Gratten,Road America, Laguna,etc...), worked on national and regional champions motorcycles..okay so those f-2's and f-3's and old fzr's are dinasours and heavy and slow by todays standards. But the principals are the same, carburation ( or mostly now fuel-injection) needs to be spot on, valve clearances need to be all properly adjusted and all the intakes need to be the same as do the exhuast clearances..this is why I have over 13,000 valve shims.. They need to be all the same so when you set up the optimum cam timing, it is the optimum on all 4 cylinders ( assuming most of you have an in-line 4) I did and can make any m/c better/faster/stronger and more reliable.
Enough about my past....I am offering to work on your motorcycle, I charge $40.00 an hour--fork seals, tune-ups ( valve adjustments-TPS adjustment-throttle body or carb synch-etc), tire mounting and balancing, carb cleaning, carburation/power commander set-up and install, exhuast installation, cam timing, cylinder head work, complete engine work, transmission, whatever...I am "that good" and I won't hold your bike hostage sitting around day after day ( I dont have that kind of room..lol..)
So if your tired of undertrained, underskilled, and underpayed ( or in many cases overpaid, for there skill level)help at the dealerships, and of paying those high prices, give me a try. Okay before I get blasted for demeening the dealerships, they arent all bad, but there prices are outrageous.You will recieve the best service around. Lloyd ** Riverszzr@yahoo.com **or nine five two three three four five eight three eight

#32 User is offline   Hoffasenior Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • Pip
  • Group: Newb
  • Ride:06 600rr and 03 VW GTI

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:17 PM

Anyone that can contact Kyle or have his cell phone number? If not, is there anyone that can open up 2K and take payment for the work?

#33 G_SalamiWrangler_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:40 PM

View Postcrash13, on Mar 20 2007, 09:40 AM, said:

I would like to add that a Good tech is worth what ever he charges. I see alot of posts that start off with "I need a good CHEAP mechanic"

I submit that you already have a cheap mechanic in yourself: Buy the book and have at it. If you want a good one then you will have to pay him for his expertise, and this is not to be considered a mortal sin. If you and your buddies can tackle it in the garage that is the least expensive way to do stuff, but it usually takes more time and does not come with a waranty, so it could cost more in the long run.

This doesn't mean you can't do anything yourself, it only means if you want a good one, a good one charges for his work and if he is really good he should charge more.

My short list of Guys that are worth the money.

Tom Manley :handclap:
Louis Lakey
Doug Lofgren :handclap: Tom's former partner Look no further than these 2!
Fred Snyder
Jason Bryant
Kyle Knutsen
Todd Fisher

Tom is an awesome mechanic, he relocated to a Harley shop on the west bank...

#34 User is offline   itschnobigdeal Icon

• Bikewhore
  • PipPipPip
  • Ride:GZ 250

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:18 AM

I'm bringing my bike into R3 Racing in Hayward, WI (where I spend the summer) tomorrow. Not that anyone on here would need work out here in the boonies, but I'll let you know what I think anyway. The guy seems pretty turstworthy, his name is Rick Rickter and he's big into racing so some of you might know him. I am having him do my fork seals, valve adjustment, stiffen up my rear suspension, and an oil change. He said don't expect to pay over $200. I don't know what all that stuff usually costs, but seems more than fair to me.

#35 User is offline   taco_ben Icon

• i won't do it.
  • PipPipPip
  • Ride:05 SV/GSXR COMBO

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:33 AM

View PostEmart, on Apr 21 2008, 06:31 PM, said:

Anyone have any recommendations for working on some older stuff? An 83 Yamaha Vision with starting issues and overheating issues to be specific.

try to get ahold of eric von holt at motopoop. he's the only guy i've ever heard of that: A-has any knowledge of them and B-is still willing to work on them.
go throw money at your problems and fund his racing addiction!

#36 G_SalamiWrangler_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:00 AM

View Posttaco_ben, on May 19 2008, 11:33 AM, said:

try to get ahold of eric von holt at motopoop. he's the only guy i've ever heard of that: A-has any knowledge of them and B-is still willing to work on them.
go throw money at your problems and fund his racing addiction!

If you can get Marty Mataya to work on it he would be a good choice. Trouble is he is a little busy these days, but give him a shout.
763-315-6686

#37 User is offline   ChaosCycleShop Icon

• your only as fast as who's in front of you!!
  • Pip
  • Ride:07 Cbr600RR

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

Chaos Cycle and powersports...
St. Cloud MN
320-253-BIKE
Dizzle
Specialize in carbs, fork seals

#38 User is offline   Splash4195 Icon

• Speedracer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:Current 09 R1 THE BEAST, Current 08 SMC 690,Current 06 CRF 450, Current 06 KLX 110, Current 04 636 Stunter, Current 96 Fat Boy, SOLD Current 07 GSXR 600 Track Toy, Sold 03 Ninja ZX6RR, Sold 02 F4I and, Sold 04 r1, Sold 03 R1, Wrecked 03 r6,

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

Jason Bryant is Extremely GOOD! He works on my toys!

#39 User is offline   riverszzr Icon

• Time is a great teacher, but it kills all its pupils...
  • PipPipPip
  • Ride:Kawasaki 07 ZZR600/89 and 97 250Ninja/ 97 ZX-6

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:26 AM

View Post1MNpunisher, on Apr 11 2007, 09:53 PM, said:

fred and doug are at silverback racing in St.paul 651-228-3021 doug is a GOD on the dyno.
I have read these lists...and I have worked with some of these guys, had others work for me.....I think some of you that are so highly recommending and praising " god" are completely dillusional...and really, Nick at cities edge...I worked with him at primo, he was the tire changer and oil changer...and even that he couldn't do without supervision, help, and his best friend(an air wrench for everything)....So buyer beware, all these "recommendations" are biased based upon ones own experience and knowledge level...and by the sounds of it, I'd say we were still in kindegarten....Not to sound totally jaded and biased myself, I am the best ( atleast on any inline four), and atleast for right now, I dont have the facilities to really prove it to you on the scale I once did, but I am still the best, and for 90% of the service work most need...my current set-up is plenty adequate. I am not looking to "steal" all the work, all the racers can keep going to ??whoever they are going to?? And all those "do it yourself "mechanics", good for you. I want just enough to keep me happy doing what I love. And enough to keep in tune with currrent bikes and help out, and yes...save a few of you some money while adding to mine... lol . I do offer 24 hour turnaround on valve adjustments, and same day (while u wait usually) on tire changes and fork seals etc..
And possibly make some new "friends" and riding partners is always a perk.

#40 User is offline   Bose Icon

• Two Wheeled Bliss
  • Pip
  • Interests:My family and riding
  • Ride:07 GSXR 1000

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

Brad Frei. Formally Two Bee's Tuning. St. Paul. Now with Full Power Cycle. Excellent tuner.

Heres my Dyno sheet after Brad tinkered with my bike.

Nice smooth and consistent curve and great power gains with just a few mods. M4 GP titanium slip-on, Power Commander III usb custom map by Brad. Tre mod, O2 sensor disabled, stock air filter. Bike runs beautiful.

Attached File(s)

#41 User is offline   cb186 Icon

• Zach "i'll crash yours too" Hughes
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:04 R6 racebike

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:30 PM

I'm the bestest, bitches. too bad all y'all arent worthy of my mad skillz.

word.

#42 User is offline   Metalseth Icon

• Wadded
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:...
  • Ride:Zuma 4 life.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:21 AM

View Postcb186, on Jul 3 2008, 12:30 AM, said:

I'm the bestest, bitches. too bad all y'all arent worthy of my mad skillz.
word.

Who spiked Chad's Kool-aid?

#43 User is offline   stantrenton Icon

• Ride:Kawasaki Vn 1500Fi, Kawasaki Vn 800A

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

Recommendation ->
I have just had my 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 800A valves set and both fork seals replaced by Lloyd Rivers.
I am very happy with his work.
He charged a fair price, did excellent work, and freely & knowledgeably answered all my questions on his work.
I am now looking for a good sport bike & he gave me great ideas on what to look for, when to buy, and how much to pay..
Everything was done to my satisfaction and the good results speak for themselves...
I value his background & experience...
I highly recommend him...
Thanks Lloyd,
Stan
============================================================================

View Postriverszzr, on Jun 12 2008, 08:26 AM, said:

I have read these lists...and I have worked with some of these guys, had others work for me.....I think some of you that are so highly recommending and praising " god" are completely dillusional...and really, Nick at cities edge...I worked with him at primo, he was the tire changer and oil changer...and even that he couldnt do without supervision and help and his best friend.....and air wrench for everything....So buyer beware, all these "recommendations" are biased based upon ones own experience and knowledge level...and by the sounds of it, I'd say we were still in kindegarten....Not to sound totally jaded and biased myself, I am the best ( atleast on any inline four), and atleast for right now, I dont have the facilities to really prove it to you on the scale I once did, but I am still the best, and for 90% of the service work most need...my current set-up is plenty adequate.

#44 User is offline   AWDimprezal Icon

• torque wins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Couple drinks
  • Ride:01 roadstar 1600

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:12 AM

View PostAnglsXst, on Jun 1 2007, 10:28 AM, said:

Full Power Cycle
126 Blake Road (in between Excelsior and Highway 7)
Hopkins, MN
www.fullpowercycle.com

952-933-4479

Matt and Eddie and the guys there are awesome and work on ALL bikes, no matter what age or style!

I will agree on them being fast and affordable, but they beat the SHT out of my rims when they put tires on.

just a heads up, ide go back for sure though.

#45 User is offline   Bose Icon

• Two Wheeled Bliss
  • Pip
  • Interests:My family and riding
  • Ride:07 GSXR 1000

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

View PostAWDimprezal, on Jul 16 2008, 11:12 AM, said:

I will agree on them being fast and affordable, but they beat the SHT out of my rims when they put tires on.
just a heads up, ide go back for sure though.

Matt and Eddie are no longer with Full Power. Don't know where Eddie is, but Matt "who is good shit" that is a compliment, is now with SLXI.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users