How to add a new sound system? Pontoon with no radio or known wiring

#1 User is offline   DVS DAN Icon

• You can legally lane split if there is a Polish road block
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Interests:Goin fast & getting air
  • Ride:Naked wheelie scoot

Posted 07 June 2018 - 01:26 PM

I got a big stupid pontoon with no radio, and I'm preeetty sure that it appears to have never had a radio installed. All I can find is two pairs of speaker wire in the console, and no plug wiring harness. I never got into playing with amps and subs as a kid, so I'm behind in knowing how to do this efficiently. I could use some guidance in setting up this madness. (***I have the parts and can provide watts and amps for each item after I check em out tonight)

Here are things I'm trying to figure out:
Battery location - driver's side rear corner, next to existing battery
Amp location - console/helm?
Sub location - stuff in helm if it fits, otherwise under a seat by the battery?
Speaker locations - two in front currently facing left and right, at each other & add two in the back bench facing forward?

How to wire it:
- Wire up stereo battery to existing so it can charge, but add some sort of diode contraption so it can't drain the existing battery?
- Thick gauge wire from battery to amp (the shorter, the better). Do I need to ground the wire to boat ground of some sort, or battery terminal?
- Find a power wire to splice into, for the head unit. There is an accessory button that I should take advantage of so I can shut down the head unit completely, right?
- 4 channel amp, so two channels to sub and split other two to four speakers?
- Should I add a busbar for multiple wires? I'd like to add other things like switched LED's, horn, etc.. also.

I'll have to get real pics of my setup, so it makes more sense. This is my Sony head unit and Bazooka sub though:

Attached File(s)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users