WTB New android verizon network

#1 User is offline   Marls Icon

• Marls
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Interests:Anything that goes bwaaaAAAAAAAAA
  • Ride:1000rr Race. Jonahs old fiddy.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:58 AM

Smashed my Samsung s7. Anyone got anything for sale?

#2 User is offline   CheesyRider Icon

• I have no idea what's going on.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Ride:'15 Honda F6B, '17 Kawasaki Versys-X 300, '11 BMW R1200R

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:03 PM

I think I have a Motorola Droid Mini and a Samsung S6 around here somewhere. Both are Verizon phones. If you're interested in either one I can try to find it and you can have it for half of whatever they're going for on Ebay.

#3 User is offline   Rider Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newb
  • Ride:2011 CBR600rr (Track), 2013 Multistrada

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:19 AM

Have you considered Xfinity Mobile? They are a reseller of Verizon and much cheaper. The main difference is your phone will jump off to Xfinity WiFI / Regular Wifi when possible. My bill per month before phone payment is either 13 of 25 a month. That is unlimited voice and text, you pay $12/GB. When I switched from Verizon with a new iPhone 8 payment, my total monthly bill was what I paid Verizon just for the plan with no phone payment.

The conversion to Xfinity wasnt the smoothest, but after getting everything activated the service has been reliable.

#4 User is offline   CheesyRider Icon

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:58 AM

I found both phones. The headphone jack doesn't work on the Motorola. You can have that one for $10. The S6 has slight burn in. You can have that one for $40. If you're not interested, I'll put them up on Ebay.

I agree with Rider about Xfinity. We switched to them and that is why I have two Verizon phones laying around. The only downsides to Xfinity are: Most phones can't be brought over and you need to subscribe to their internet service.

We never use more than 2GB of shared data, so our monthly bill is $88-$100. That includes the payments for two Samsungs S8s and one LG X-Charge. There was a rebate when we bought the LG, so the net cost was only about $30. Right now they have a $150 rebate on LG and Motorola, so you could get a new phone for as little as $30.

edit: typo - phone for sale is a S6 not a S8

#5 User is offline   Rider Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newb
  • Ride:2011 CBR600rr (Track), 2013 Multistrada

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:14 AM

If you do plan to go down this route you should have someone you know refer you. The first referral is worth $100, second $200.

Your friend/family can generate a referral code for you at the website below.
https://referafriend.xfinity.com/

#6 User is offline   Apex Icon

• Robocop
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:Street: 2003 SV650 Track: 2000 SV650

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostCheesyRider, on 17 July 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

I found both phones. The headphone jack doesn't work on the Motorola. You can have that one for $10. The S8 has slight burn in. You can have that one for $40. If you're not interested, I'll put them up on Ebay.

If Marls isn't interested in the S8, I'll take it. The battery on my S6 is fading fast...

#7 User is offline   CheesyRider Icon

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

View PostApex, on 17 July 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

If Marls isn't interested in the S8, I'll take it. The battery on my S6 is fading fast...

Sorry, I had a typo. The phone is a S6.

#8 User is offline   Apex Icon

• Robocop
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:Street: 2003 SV650 Track: 2000 SV650

Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:24 AM

S6 still available?

#9 User is offline   Marls Icon

• Marls
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Anything that goes bwaaaAAAAAAAAA
  • Ride:1000rr Race. Jonahs old fiddy.

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:08 AM

View PostRider, on 17 July 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

Have you considered Xfinity Mobile? They are a reseller of Verizon and much cheaper. The main difference is your phone will jump off to Xfinity WiFI / Regular Wifi when possible. My bill per month before phone payment is either 13 of 25 a month. That is unlimited voice and text, you pay $12/GB. When I switched from Verizon with a new iPhone 8 payment, my total monthly bill was what I paid Verizon just for the plan with no phone payment.

The conversion to Xfinity wasnt the smoothest, but after getting everything activated the service has been reliable.

So currently my company pays for my phone. And I ended up getting a killer deal. I bought a new S9 for 300 bucks with the employee discount and traded a guy on CL who recently bought an s9+ from his company but wanted the S9. I guess he wanted the smaller phone.

I still pay for my family's plan if you can believe that heh. I would consider Xfinity mobile but my family pays for a business land line and has some other weird things, and everyones bill is super cheap. With 5 of them all sharing its like 40 bucks a person for unlimited data. Well 18 gigs at full speed anyway.

View PostCheesyRider, on 17 July 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

I found both phones. The headphone jack doesn't work on the Motorola. You can have that one for $10. The S6 has slight burn in. You can have that one for $40. If you're not interested, I'll put them up on Ebay.

I agree with Rider about Xfinity. We switched to them and that is why I have two Verizon phones laying around. The only downsides to Xfinity are: Most phones can't be brought over and you need to subscribe to their internet service.

We never use more than 2GB of shared data, so our monthly bill is $88-$100. That includes the payments for two Samsungs S8s and one LG X-Charge. There was a rebate when we bought the LG, so the net cost was only about $30. Right now they have a $150 rebate on LG and Motorola, so you could get a new phone for as little as $30.

edit: typo - phone for sale is a S6 not a S8

My mom is still looking for a phone. I don't think she would want a burnt one. I would take it for myself but i'm good. If anyone else has a newer S9 or note8 i would take it. I think my s9+ is nice, but I didn't realize I can't buy a case that protects the curved face of it. That makes me nervous. Kind of wish I would have gone the note 8 route now. but hopefully i won't drop it heh.

View PostApex, on 04 August 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

S6 still available?

I believe it is...

#10 User is offline   CheesyRider Icon

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:41 PM

View PostApex, on 04 August 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

S6 still available?

Yes