• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GROUP RIDE RULES & ETIQUETTE edited 08/25

#46 User is offline   MNBikerPup Icon

• Group: Newb
  • Ride:81 KZ650 project

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

View Postxveganxcowboyx, on 18 May 2010 - 01:01 PM, said:

I was mostly making this statement for those with limited or no medical training. There are many situations where I would still choose to perform rescue breaths, but I am an EMT and can distinguish between situations that do and do not call for assisted breathing. CPR has moved away from breathing and towards compressions over the years. 15/2, 30/2, now moving towards compression only. Survival rates have gone up. Part of this is prioritizing circulation, but part of it is simplifying the process for laypeople. Most people are hesitant and unsure of themselves in these situations and the simpler the procedures the better. (the same reason EMTs get ABCs drilled in to out heads, it's simple and covers the bases pretty well). My thinking for the wording in the original post was the same, keep it simple for people who may find themselves in these situations by eliminating the "do I have to remove the helmet for CPR?" question they may have. Definitely not trying to get in to a pissing contest. I see merits to both methods, was just thinking "who is my audience" when dispensing medical advice.

I think we can agree to simply say that unless you have specific training that tells you to remove the helmet in a situation, leave it on.

Yup, basically, suspect a neck injury regardless if they are walking around or not.

#47 User is offline   TurtlePower Icon

• Leader of the Squids
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Interests:Extreme Ironing
  • Ride:Yamaha R6 - CRF450x Supermoto/Ice

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

When I started riding in 2007, the way I was taught to ride was doubled up and when going into twisties the person on the inside assumes first position over they outside rider and the single file line stays that way till the end of twisties. I'm not trying to change the rules outlined here, but I like being doubled up more than staggered.

#48 User is offline   ripperd Icon

• aka Dean
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:snowmobiles, bikes
  • Ride:08 WR250X/R, Kymco 125, CRF50

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

Staggered is safer as each rider has more room to avoid road hazzards. The formation also gives riders a better view of the pavement in front of them and are less apt to tailgate.

You also have significantly less accordion effect when moving to single file for twisties.

#49 User is offline   JVS Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:03 R6, Ssr125

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

A couple things to remind people of

RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE, we will always wait up.
If you feel like your riding too fast just to keep up, your pushing yourself too hard. Relax and take the roads at a pace you are comfortable with. We'd rather wait for you at a stop signs and intersections than pull you out of a ditch.

At all turns make sure the rider behind you knows that the group has turned. If you don't see anybody behind you, wait at that corner so the rest of the group knows where to go.

Leave proper following distance. You have miles and miles of backroads to yourselves, no need to all cram within a few yards of each other.

Look through your turns. Though some would say this advice doesn't belong in group riding "etiquette" I think it does. There have been quite a few crashes due to target fixation that could have been prevented had people continued looking through their turns.

#50 User is offline   JVS Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:03 R6, Ssr125

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

Oh and bring a full tank of gas!!

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic