MNSBR: Fz 07 Race Bike Build - MNSBR

Jump to content

  • 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • 64
  • 65
  • 66
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fz 07 Race Bike Build transforming a naked street bike into a track/race tool

#976 User is offline   re tired Icon

  • I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 851
  • Joined: 12-May 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bemidji
  • Ride:Rukus, 09 Ultra Classic, 2015 FZ 07

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:37 AM

 Champ, on 29 June 2020 - 04:54 AM, said:

We saw him getting up in the TV feed, but they didn't show what happened after!

A gentleman never tells. 😉
0

#977 User is offline   POE Icon

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,608
  • Joined: 01-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Circle Pines
  • Ride:600RR x2
    Grom x2
    YZ250F

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:07 AM

"Gentleman"... LOL
0

#978 User is offline   Champ Icon

  • ziggy zaggy...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 13,794
  • Joined: 09-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bloomington, MN
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:32 AM

Dave so what happened with the #107? I heard overheating?
0

#979 User is offline   re tired Icon

  • I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 851
  • Joined: 12-May 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bemidji
  • Ride:Rukus, 09 Ultra Classic, 2015 FZ 07

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:01 AM

 Champ, on 30 June 2020 - 07:32 AM, said:

Dave so what happened with the #107? I heard overheating?

They both got hot on Saturday, so did a bunch of bikes. Madama lost a head gasket, Lillegard pulled off, Sam Wiest head gasket, as did others due overheating. Lots of wrenching Saturday, lol. I suppose due to heat and humidity. We took the radiator guards off & left them off, flushed them a couple times, cleaned the fins good and it was of course cooler with less humidity on race day. Shawn made a couple mistakes and effed himself up. He blew the kink and cost himself 5 seconds. Actually there were mistakes made by all of us on race day. Best qualifying positions, not so good race performance, meh.

I'm going to upgrade the radiators as we appear to be at that pace.
0

#980 User is offline   Champ Icon

  • ziggy zaggy...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 13,794
  • Joined: 09-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bloomington, MN
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:04 AM

 re tired, on 30 June 2020 - 08:01 AM, said:

They both got hot on Saturday, so did a bunch of bikes. Madama lost a head gasket, Lillegard pulled off, Sam Wiest head gasket, as did others due overheating. Lots of wrenching Saturday, lol. I suppose due to heat and humidity. We took the radiator guards off & left them off, flushed them a couple times, cleaned the fins good and it was of course cooler with less humidity on race day. Shawn made a couple mistakes and effed himself up. He blew the kink and cost himself 5 seconds. Actually there were mistakes made by all of us on race day. Best qualifying positions, not so good race performance, meh.

I'm going to upgrade the radiators as we appear to be at that pace.

Damn - I see EDR is selling upgraded head studs now for the FZ, may be worth looking into? Are you still on the stockers?

Is there an off the shelf larger radiator for the FZ or do you need to make something fit?
0

#981 User is offline   re tired Icon

  • I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 851
  • Joined: 12-May 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bemidji
  • Ride:Rukus, 09 Ultra Classic, 2015 FZ 07

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:29 PM

View PostChamp, on 30 June 2020 - 09:04 AM, said:

Damn - I see EDR is selling upgraded head studs now for the FZ, may be worth looking into? Are you still on the stockers?

Is there an off the shelf larger radiator for the FZ or do you need to make something fit?


We're on stock compression so I'm sticking with stock Yamaha bolts. I ordered a couple of true aluminum custom jobbies outta Asia. Thicker cores, same overall dimensions & not pot metal like stockers.
0

#982 User is offline   re tired Icon

  • I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 851
  • Joined: 12-May 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bemidji
  • Ride:Rukus, 09 Ultra Classic, 2015 FZ 07

Posted Yesterday, 05:03 PM

New look,
Attached Image: tEAM PHOTO 2020 ROUND 2.jpg
Still trying for a top 10!
0

Share this topic:


  • 66 Pages +
  • « First
  • 64
  • 65
  • 66
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users