MNSBR: Can't Reach Kyle - MNSBR

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't Reach Kyle

#1 User is offline   Speed_freak91 Icon

• Group: Newb

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:43 PM

I've been trying to reach Kyle all this week and last week and he is not answering back. I have called him, text him and messaged him on the 2k motorsports facebook page. I sent him my Ohlins shock and he told me to give him a week and he will contact me back. He never did and it's been about a month now. Does anyone personally know him that can contact him and find out what's going on?

#2 User is offline   Torchsport Icon

• Pirate in training
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Interests:Riding liquid-cooled, 2 wheeled motorbikes
  • Ride:'16 BMW S1000RR. '15 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR. 2006 Harley V-Rod. 03 Yamaha YZF-R1. '14 Yamaha YZ250. Giant Yukon.

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:34 PM

Where have I heard this before?

#3 User is offline   POE Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:600RR street
    Grom
    SV650 race
    YZ250F
    Scooter

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:34 PM

Yup, that's not unheard of. He's likely ramping up to busy season where he'll be working non-stop putting in tons of over time to get everyone's spring projects done. I'm not telling you you're wrong for reaching out. If you need your stuff back, do what you can to contact him. But just understand his situation and that he puts in some serious hard work and long hours to get people the quality work they expect.

With that said, if you have his cell phone number, and have been texting him, that is the best way to go. Send him gentle respectful reminders with your honest expectations and that's about the best you can do, short of stopping in at the shop in person.

#4 User is offline   Katie Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Ride:00 SV650 Race

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

He never checks his voicemail. Text him and he usually responds that way!

#5 User is offline   Speed_freak91 Icon

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

I've called his work phone and left him multiple voicemails, I messaged him on Facebook, I called his personal cell phone and text him on his personal cell phone. He hasn't answered any of them. All this over the past 2 weeks.

#6 User is offline   voss555 Icon

• Fan$y
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Domination
  • Ride:#21

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

He's in jail for crimes against humanity.

#7 User is offline   cb186 Icon

• Zach "i'll crash yours too" Hughes
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:04 R6 racebike

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

Eh, I saw him yesterday.

Maybe you're really annoying. Some customers start calling the next day asking if their stuff is done yet. :duno:

#8 User is offline   Speed_freak91 Icon

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

View Postcb186, on 03 March 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

Eh, I saw him yesterday.

Maybe you're really annoying. Some customers start calling the next day asking if their stuff is done yet. :duno:

He has had it for a month... I just started calling him last week. It was sent to him for a simple service and spring swap. Something that shouldn't take more than an hour to do...

Look, I work in the motorsports industry just like him. I do all my own services. I'm not new to the motorcycle industry and I deal with customers every day all day long. If I were this horrible at communication, I would no longer have a job.

I brought my shock to him because I don't have the proper tools to service it myself. I also try to support local business, but this is one time where I'm beginning to regret it.

At this point, I just want my shock back even if he hasn't serviced it yet. That's hard to do though when he doesn't answer back.

#9 User is offline   skell15 Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

View PostSpeed_freak91, on 03 March 2017 - 10:27 PM, said:

He has had it for a month... I just started calling him last week. It was sent to him for a simple service and spring swap. Something that shouldn't take more than an hour to do...

Look, I work in the motorsports industry just like him. I do all my own services. I'm not new to the motorcycle industry and I deal with customers every day all day long. If I were this horrible at communication, I would no longer have a job.

I brought my shock to him because I don't have the proper tools to service it myself. I also try to support local business, but this is one time where I'm beginning to regret it.

At this point, I just want my shock back even if he hasn't serviced it yet. That's hard to do though when he doesn't answer back.

You aren't the first, and won't be the last, to have this experience. Since cb186 is apparently better at communication with 2k than everyone else maybe he can help you get your stuff back. Otherwise going to his shop and hoping he's there is a decent tactic. Best of luck.

#10 User is offline   cb186 Icon

• Zach "i'll crash yours too" Hughes
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:04 R6 racebike

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

View Postskell15, on 04 March 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

You aren't the first, and won't be the last, to have this experience. Since cb186 is apparently better at communication with 2k than everyone else maybe he can help you get your stuff back. Otherwise going to his shop and hoping he's there is a decent tactic. Best of luck.

Well, in this case, 2K is a customer of mine, so no need for me to chase him.

And no, I wont be a middleman.

#11 User is offline   WillMill Icon

• Race Body Paint Guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Ride:CBR600 YZ426F R3 KDX250 PE250

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

Been there, done that. He stays so busy with loyal customers, and people that he knows, that he doesnt really care about taking care of everyone. If you arent a friend, he wont respond to anything. Once you get to know him on a personal level, hes pretty good about answering texts, but that is really the only way that you can get ahold of him. If possible, stop by his shop, and have a chat. Grab your shock and go, if thats a bridge you want to burn. If you think you may need his services in the future, just have a friendly chat with him.

#12 User is offline   Stork Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Ride:DRZ400SM, SV650

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

This is why TSE is my suspension shop. Even if I got a discount on suspension servicing from Kyle, I'd still send my stuff to TSE.

#13 User is offline   Marls Icon

• Marls
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Anything that goes bwaaaAAAAAAAAA
  • Ride:1000rr Race. Jonahs old fiddy.

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostSpeed_freak91, on 03 March 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

I've been trying to reach Kyle all this week and last week and he is not answering back. I have called him, text him and messaged him on the 2k motorsports facebook page. I sent him my Ohlins shock and he told me to give him a week and he will contact me back. He never did and it's been about a month now. Does anyone personally know him that can contact him and find out what's going on?

He does this to everyone. Even guys he has serviced and raced with for years. Text him when you are heading to his shop preferably during the day. If he is there great. If he isn't text him again with you are waiting at his shop. This has worked for me in the past. Good Luck!

#14 User is offline   atomic41 Icon

• when life gives you lemons...paint that shit gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:yes!

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

I used to just go to his shop. It's the only way to contact him.

#15 User is offline   cra_fizzer Icon

• Official BIR hater...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:Big Al

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

Awesome customer service...

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic