SOLD! -- 2015 Wr250R Plus Extras $2000

#1 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:WR250R, FJR1300, RC51, RS50

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:56 AM

Bike is sold and gone.

Revised this post for a new attempt to sell at $2000 this fall. That's 1/2 of kbb suggested retail and $740 less than kbb trade-in. Just trying for a quick late-season sale as I'm buying a new bike on 10/24/2020. Jump down to the last few posts for notes on current condition.

10/14/2020 edit: I guess the above wasn't enough to get the current condition known. Sorry. My fault for being lazy and using this old post to renew the sale. The bike currently has 20,244 miles of winter commuting which killed the deal for the first in line interested in buying. I've moved on to 2nd contact and it looks like he will be the new owner. I'll update this post as sold as soon as it leave my driveway. If you are interested, please skip to the last few posts for current condition.

The following is old news from the first sale attempt...

I think $5000 is a very good price for this little thumper especially since I haven't had much time to abuse it and get it all rusted up.
If you want the bike and think $5000 is too much, shoot me an offer as my desperation for a sale will increase as April approaches.

Extra items over stock:
- Full system exhaust, Megabomb header and FMF PowerCore 4 muffler ($500)
- Exup Server Eliminator ($50)
- FMF EFI Power Programmer ($200)
- Devol Skid Plate ($150)
- Acerbis Rally Pro X-Strong hand guards ($100)

It currently has 6000 miles and I'll be adding 200 to 300 miles per week until the salt is off the roads.
It has had oil changed at 1000, 3000 and 6000 miles.
New pads front and rear at 6000 miles.

It now has 20243 miles (as of 9/22/2020) and tires, chain, sprockets about 1/2 life.

It will need new tires.
It will need a new chain and sprockets at about 7500 miles (based on my 2008's behavior).
It does not have passenger pegs.
It does not have OEM mirrors. There were no mirrors when I bought it. I've attached some cheep mirrors I had laying about and you can have them but they suck and are starting to rust up already. On the plus side, the mirrors are the only rust currently on the bike.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:10 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that nice rack, fender eliminator and blinkers.
- Pro Moto Billet Cargo Rack ($150)
- Fender Eliminator and Blinkers (~$150)

It was dropped once while rolling at a walking pace (ice on driveway) which cracked the plastic on the left Acerbis guard but that and the few missing YAMAHA letters from the right side fork guard are the only flaws.

Later,
Kent Larson in Woodbury

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

Also included with sale:
- New chain, front sprocket, rear sprocket (worth ~$100) so you are covered until at least 15,000 miles.
- FMF Quiet Core (worth ~$40) in case you want to quiet down the roar.
- Clutch kit (worth ~$60). Full set of friction and steel clutch plates plus springs. So burn up the stock clutch learning wheelies if you want. You're covered.
- Anything else I find this weekend that would go with the bike.

Any interest? I'll have to post on Craig's List in a few weeks if nobody here has the need.

Later,
Kent Larson in Woodbury

#4 User is offline   POE Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:FTR 1200 S
    600RR x2
    Grom x2
    YZ250F

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:03 PM

That's some really nice extras to have around.

#5 User is offline   Marls Icon

• Marls
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Anything that goes bwaaaAAAAAAAAA
  • Ride:1000rr Race. Jonahs old fiddy.

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

maaaan something like this would be so much fun

#6 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:17 PM

This weekend I found both the white plastic frame protectors (up ^ arrow in stock photo is pointing to the left side protector) and the little tool kit (left arrow in photo). All yours with purchase.

The frame protectors are to use if you want to remove the skid plate. I think the plate looks great but it adds weight and it reflects all the gear box and engine noise. When I first got the bike that growl and rattle bothered me and I took off the skid plate just to be sure the engine sounded normal without the noise echo. All good! But, should you want to remove the plate, you have the option.

The tool kit is all stock and complete. Only issue is I can't find the rubber strap that secures it to the bike. If the strap turns up, that will be included too. I'll purchase a new one ($8) next time I'm getting parts if that's the deal breaker.

So that's everything. I'll let this sit here with all you knowledgeable and deserving riders. Get in touch if you are interested and save me from Craig's List tire kickers. I'll post up there in March if I still have it.

Thanks for looking,
Later,
Kent Larson in Woodbury
text/call: sex 1 too ate 6 eight 3 for 1 fore

Attached File(s)

#7 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

Last chance before Craig's List (somebody save me from that, please!).

The WR250R is looking pretty good today. It got washed off pretty good in the rain and the roads have been nice and dry the last couple of days.

I'm going to check out Hitching Post's offer for consignment bikes on the way home but it will probably be in Craig's List by Sunday.

Call or text if interested: sex 1 too ate 6 eight 3 for 1 fore

Thanks for looking,
Kent Larson from Woodbury

#8 User is offline   wotan Icon

• Shot out of a cannon > squeezed out of a tube.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:Aprilia RSV

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

Kent -- File for an extension. You can probably fill out an 1127 and at least get a 6-month extension. You're on your own to come up with what "Financial hardship" would result from paying immediately, but selling property for below market value is one of their approved hardships.

#9 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

Thanks for the advice but I think I have it handled. I took on some extra coding work and a few tree jobs. Looks like I may have it covered before taxes due.

I've been liking this WR250 more and more so I'll be glad to keep it around if I can.
- Pushed the back end up and eliminated the 85+ mph wobble. Previous owner had it lowered (new linkage) and dropped to the bottom of the adjustments.
- Took out the fuel programmer for now and eliminated the dead spot where I want the front to come up on launch. I'll work on a better mapping sometime this summer.
- Just about to replace the chain/sprockets so I can get rid of the previous owner's stupid -2 rear and put in a +2 rear. That will get the speedometer about right and make the front end even easier to lift on launch.

It is a fun little workhorse.
I'm almost saying it's no longer for sale but...not sure how I'd react to money in front of me.
Look for it to come up for sale again in about 6 years with 60,000 miles on the clock.

Later,
Kent

#10 User is offline   Yamanube Icon

• On the water.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:Bicycle

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

Kent, look into the intake temp sensor resistor mod. I did this when I modified my airbox and added exhaust because I was too cheap to buy a programmer. It ran quite well.

#11 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

View PostYamanube, on 08 March 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

Kent, look into the intake temp sensor resistor mod. I did this when I modified my airbox and added exhaust because I was too cheap to buy a programmer. It ran quite well.

Will do, when there's time. Thanks for the note. Are you a source for help if I need it?

#12 User is offline   Yamanube Icon

• On the water.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:Bicycle

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:06 AM

View PostKent Larson, on 08 March 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Will do, when there's time. Thanks for the note. Are you a source for help if I need it?

It's been about 7 years since I researched modding my WR but drop me a message and we can see how much I remember.

#13 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:12 PM

I updated the original post for a $2000 asking price.
It now has 20243 miles (as of 9/22/2020) and tires, chain, sprockets at about 1/2 life. They should all be good for another 1000-2000 miles (depending on how you ride).

Turns out I no longer need a winter/bad-weather commuting bike. I'm not commuting any longer and don't see a need to start again this winter or the next.

Instead of just having this WR250 sitting around in my garage, it should get into the hands of someone who needs/wants/utilizes it. If I can't get it gone through you all at $2000 this fall, I'll try again with Craig's List or eBay in the spring at $2500 asking.

This is a well used and dirty bike that only gets washed when I ride it in the rain. Looks ruff but runs great. I've added Oxford Heated Grips and it has connection for heated jacket/pants.

#14 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2020 - 09:27 AM

With my ST1300 now sold, I'm really interested in getting this out of the garage as well.

I have some initial interest from a member of mnsbr (I'll call him S.S.) but need to cash out the WR250 to have funds for the 2005 ST1300 I'm picking up on 10/24. S.S. has first right of refusal but if I don't hear back from him today or tomorrow, I'll have to ebay/Craig's list for a quick sale.

I'm told at $2000 I'm about 1/2 of normal retail. KBB has trade-in at $2750.

Let me know ASAP if interested. Hope to have it gone within a week. Satisfaction guaranteed or money back to MNSBR members.

Later,
Kent Larson in Woodbury
talk/text for faster response: sex 1 too eight 6 ate 3 for 1 fore

#15 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2020 - 08:59 AM

TTT

Looks like I'll need to Craig's List this bike. Tough time for selling with winter coming on. May just wait for spring...

The interested party (S.S.) had to back out with various life changes taking priority over bike buying so any mnsbrer interested can have my 2015 WR250R for $2000. I'll clean it up a bit and put it out on Craig's List in the spring for $2500 (or maybe keep it if commuting to work starts up again).

Anyway...

Later,
Kent Larson in Woodbury
talk/text for faster response: sex 1 too eight 6 ate 3 for 1 fore

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users