• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't Reach Kyle

#31 User is offline   rochambo Icon

• Portrait of the artist as a fucking asshole
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Interests:Killing cops and reading Kerouac...
  • Ride:grom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

We've shared a momo

#32 User is offline   aj_day Icon

• I edited this
  • PipPipPip
  • Ride:77 Puch Maxi

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

That's right, stay away from Kyle. That way he will have more time to work on my bikes...

Attached File(s)

#33 User is offline   wess111 Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newb
  • Interests:KTM RC8
  • Ride:06 SV650

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

I know a Kyle that milks goats in Canada. Same Kyle?? :thumbup: :thumbup:

#34 User is offline   wishiwasfaster Icon

• PipPip
  • Ride:2012 r6 CRA #27

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:42 PM

In fairness I have to report that I left a message for Kyel yesterday - with a question about a problem i was having with my r6 at the end of the CRA weekend - he called me back promptly today with great information over the phone that helped resolve my problem.

#35 User is offline   Champ Icon

• ziggy zaggy...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:31 AM

View Postwishiwasfaster, on 16 May 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

In fairness I have to report that I left a message for Kyel yesterday - with a question about a problem i was having with my r6 at the end of the CRA weekend - he called me back promptly today with great information over the phone that helped resolve my problem.

Thumbs up!

#36 User is offline   fasttalon94 Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff
  • Ride:fiddy, GSXR, GS500

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

Kyle is a busy guy and lets be honest, a lot of us in this hobby are needy as F when it comes to our bikes. I'm not saying this was the case for the original poster but IMO Kyle has gotten burned by quite a few needy people in his day, so now everything gets done on his schedule. That being said, showing up with a 12 pack of Summit beer to shoot the shit, and talk about anything other that what I need and when I need it has landed me on the preferred customer list. Kyle's typical response time is about 12 hours and you can't beat the track-side support he offers. I guess in my mind it's a trade off.

Still rather use him than take a number at MotoPrimo and have an Ego-Off when it comes time to pick up my shit.

#37 User is offline   KLeishman Icon

• Interests:Well...
  • Ride:Suzuki SV650

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:43 AM

I started using Kyle to work on my bike last fall. I've run into all the same problems with trying to get a hold of him and have even missed a track day because he had my bike. Sometimes he gets back to me right away, sometimes he never calls me again. It can get very frustrating of course.

When I manage to catch him at the shop, I can see how busy he is constantly, especially now that its back to race season. From my end, I see him as a race bike mechanic in particular, not just a bike mechanic, and since I don't race yet, I don't put my work as an overtly high priority compared to some of what he works on.

And from my experiences so far, every time I stop by to check on the bike or get some more work done quick, I end up staying for an hour+ talking shop and general motorcycle bullshit. I love his passion for motorcycling and working on them, and for me, that beats all the heartache you get when trying to get in touch with him.

His work on my bike has been exceptional, his knowledge is vast, and I trust his work and the fact that if it isn't up to par, he will take the bike/parts back and fix any issue that may occur no questions. I also agree, he's always giving good deals and does what he can to mitigate expenses where possible.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users