• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Truck Is For Sale =( FML i'm gonna miss this thing

#61 User is offline   crakerjac Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newb

Posted Yesterday, 09:57 AM

^^ I got almost 18 MPG on my 2.4L 4 banger Honda Element on my last fill up... I'd take a 3 MPG hit for something with a little more power, but by the time pickups get to a point where they are 'affordable', they wore the f out.

#62 User is offline   ZZR Joel Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:2007 Kawasaki ZZR600

Posted Yesterday, 12:14 PM

View PostMarls, on 13 December 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

I read a good consumer reports article on why car makers like honda/toyota don't have all of the new doodads like GM/Ford and to summarize it, its because they don't like to deal with the repercussions of rushing new tech in new vehicles. I do hate how I had to put auto start in my wife's kia sorento and that it didn't just come with it. but i digress.

I drove a brand new 2017 ecotoot 4 door last time i was in boston for work. It was a nice truck. Only thing I didn't care for was the bouncy ride. And that stupid little window above the rear seats.... seriously take a nod to the tundra and make the whole damn thing go down. That little thing is stupid. I drove about 300 miles and averaged 17.2 mpg. I think the readout said closer to 20 but when i did the math on the tank it was 17.2.

I average 16 in the summer with my tundra. 15 in the winter. Thats 1.2 mpg worse than the ecotoot in my experience. I know joel likes to tell about how he got 24mpg once with an f150 but I can get 34 mpg if I fill up my tundra and coast back home smh. I just don't think the gas mileage is that bad... at least for me anyways.

I did get 24 from Minnetonka up to Effie. If you don't believe me, that's your problem not mine.

Something that I think escapes peoples thought is that you are driving a truck, it has a bed, it is meant to haul things. If you are not hauling things than get a car or mini van. I have never bought a truck because of gas millage. I have bought one because I needed one to haul things or use it for towing. You put a load on your truck, the reason it was built for, and I promise you your gas millage with suffer significantly.
I no longer need one which is why I have a car now and not a truck. All of my ice fishing stuff goes really well in my hatchback.

#63 User is offline   POE Icon

• ◊ ◊
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:600RR street
    Grom
    SV650 race
    YZ250F
    Scooter

Posted Yesterday, 12:56 PM

I don't really need a pickup truck. The FJ Cruiser really works well and the extra interior room is nice to have when the weather is shitty and I'm hauling a lot of gear. It's really good off-road, hauls all my camping/fishing/hiking/shooting etc gear. I can pull a boat or throw my motorcycle carrier on the back and toss my kayak on the roof rack. I can sleep in the back if I have to. It seats 5. Summer avg is about 18mpg, road tripping is 22mpg. I'm extremely happy with it. I could probably justify having a small daily driver, but the FJ handles DD well too.

#64 User is offline   Marls Icon

• Marls
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Anything that goes bwaaaAAAAAAAAA
  • Ride:1000rr Race. Jonahs old fiddy.

Posted Yesterday, 01:08 PM

View PostZZR Joel, on 14 December 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

I did get 24 from Minnetonka up to Effie. If you don't believe me, that's your problem not mine.

Something that I think escapes peoples thought is that you are driving a truck, it has a bed, it is meant to haul things. If you are not hauling things than get a car or mini van. I have never bought a truck because of gas millage. I have bought one because I needed one to haul things or use it for towing. You put a load on your truck, the reason it was built for, and I promise you your gas millage with suffer significantly.
I no longer need one which is why I have a car now and not a truck. All of my ice fishing stuff goes really well in my hatchback.

I'm not saying i don't believe you. I'm saying my tundra can get better gas mileage as well. I'm just saying 24 mpg isn't what you would average normal day to day. People that say oh i get 20mpg highway, lol well thats great except I don't drive 100% highway.

Trucks don't get good gas mileage. Weather it be F150 or diesel they never get good gas mileage. I hate it when people use gas mileage as an argument to buy a particular truck. We took a friends diesel out west snowmobiling a couple of years ago and got 9, about the same as when we took another guys silverado.

Oh but i have mine chipped and an air filter and and and ... yea yea bullshit. You don't average 20mpg.

#65 User is offline   Torchsport Icon

• Pirate in training
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Riding liquid-cooled, 2 wheeled motorbikes
  • Ride:'16 BMW S1000RR. '15 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR. 2006 Harley V-Rod. 03 Yamaha YZF-R1. '14 Yamaha YZ250. Giant Yukon.

Posted Yesterday, 07:53 PM

My big block 8.1 in my GMC crew with the Allison gets 11 mpg hauling nothing or a house. Works for me. Love it.
Both of my cars get high 20s. Bikes get high 30s.
It's a wash.

#66 User is offline   dsmking Icon

• DSMking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Stuff...like with motors and gas and stuff.
  • Ride:- 2011 yz450f supermoto

Posted Yesterday, 10:59 PM

View Postgyllen35, on 12 December 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

I've got a front mount hitch for this truck thats been sitting at my work collecting dust. Free if anyone has a use for it. Came off a 15 so I think it would fit.

For a tundra? Iíll take it if it is

#67 User is offline   ZZR Joel Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:2007 Kawasaki ZZR600

Posted Today, 10:23 AM

View Postdsmking, on 14 December 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

You should, you will need something to get towed from when it rains ans your shitty tires spin.

#68 User is offline   dsmking Icon

• DSMking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Stuff...like with motors and gas and stuff.
  • Ride:- 2011 yz450f supermoto

Posted Today, 11:06 AM

I was thinking more for backing my boat into my poll barn 👍🏻 And for the enclosed trailer Iíll be buying some day lol

#69 User is offline   gyllen35 Icon

• PipPipPipPip
  • Ride:Speed Triple, Zuma 125, Zamboni

Posted Today, 07:30 PM

View Postdsmking, on 14 December 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

Yep, I'll be down in the western burbs over Christmas if you want me to bring it down.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users