• You cannot reply to this topic

No more street riding

#1 User is offline   CBR600F4i Icon

• Always Along For the Ride...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:Super duke, SV650, Grom

Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:12 AM

After 10 years of riding on the street I think the chapter is coming to a close. I donít find any thrill or enjoyment in it anymore and honestly itís kinda scary out there. My wife and I really enjoy track riding and I want to get into racing. We have dabbled in dirt riding for a couple of years and find excitement in tackling the challenges that come with it. The landscape of bikes we own will change a lot in the next year. She wants to get an R3 or ninja 300 for the track. We plan to pick up a couple of dirt bikes. A husky TE250i and a husky TE150i. We look forward to the years to come of riding together.

What made you decide to give up the street?

#2 User is offline   miweber929 Icon

• Runnin' with the devil
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:'17 Supersport, '13 Kymco Super 8 150, '11 Sprint GT, '10 WR250R

Posted 21 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

I tried that about 8 or 9 years ago, sold everything and bought an '04 WR450 that I figured I could street ride if the mood struck me once in a blue moon.
Lasted around two months.

I realized I love street riding. I rarely commute anymore so I don't deal with the bullshit much and if I go out I head out of town with the wife and we spend the day riding. Track is fun, but you see nothing but the tires in front of you and the circle that is the track. It has its merits but it's not why I like to ride.

Dirt is fine as long as you live close to somewhere to ride, loading up EVERY TIME you want to ride gets old in my opinion, same thing with track only. And you can only ride the same track so many times before it's, well, the same thing.

Good luck, lots of people do it!!!!

#3 User is offline   Torchsport Icon

• Deer Whisperer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Riding fuel injected, liquid-cooled, 2 wheeled motorbikes.
  • Ride:'16 BMW S1000RR. '15 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR. '14 Yamaha Zuma 125. '18 Yamaha YZ250FX. '08 Yamaha WR250X. '20 Kawasaki KLX110L.

Posted 22 December 2019 - 06:42 PM

I have pared down on my street riding. But after 300,000 miles I don't see giving it up completely.
Once I retire I will be getting another touring bike and traveling the country.
Track will still be on the agenda.
Dirt has been my priority the last few seasons.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users