MNSBR: Racer Number Requirement - MNSBR

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Racer Number Requirement Reminder

#16 User is offline   skell15 Icon

  • I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,078
  • Joined: 10-June 07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 March 2018 - 03:52 PM

Should Stall put a number on the very bottom of his belly pan? That's probably the most effective place for everyone to see it.
0

#17 User is offline   punter Icon

  • I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 1,359
  • Joined: 07-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Coon Rapids
  • Ride:As hard as I can and still make it to work on Monday.

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

View Postskell15, on 23 March 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Should Stall put a number on the very bottom of his belly pan? That's probably the most effective place for everyone to see it.


On the for sale sign is good enough.
0

#18 User is offline   voon Icon

  • Back in my day....
  • Pip
  • Group: Newb
  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: 29-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home for now...
  • Interests:Fish
  • Ride:KTM Suzuki Honda Kawasaki

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:01 PM

View PostJames205, on 20 March 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

Hey folks,

The intent of the rule is that if you can't clearly display a number on your tail, side numbers need to be used instead, and be placed on both sides of the bike. No need to run both side and tail numbers. We'll take note to update the rulebook.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

James - Membership director



You can assume the "intent" of the rule all you want, but the book says
"Section 6, #29e: A number plate MUST be displayed on each side of the lower rear
portion of the lower fairing. If there is no fairing, then separate side
number plates are required."

There is no provision or exception for tail numbers in that wording. I wish it were so, but it does not say that. If it was meant to say either/or, then it failed to do so. When in doubt, do what the printed rulebook says.
0

#19 User is offline   JohnnyCage Icon

  • No Ragrets
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 4,606
  • Joined: 19-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Burnsville, MN
  • Interests:Roadracing & Guitar
  • Ride:At the back of the expert grid

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:01 AM

You're over thinking it. Run either or, or both. No one is going to slap your hands with a wooden ruler if you follow what James posted.
0

#20 User is offline   Mark.Fisk Icon

  • Course 2
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newb
  • Posts: 168
  • Joined: 27-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hopkins, MN
  • Ride:2011 Kawasaki Concours 1400

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

Side numbers on an R3 - and while they may not be on the rear of the lower, they are highly visible which is the point.

Attached File(s)


0

#21 User is offline   Mark.Fisk Icon

  • Course 2
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newb
  • Posts: 168
  • Joined: 27-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hopkins, MN
  • Ride:2011 Kawasaki Concours 1400

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

View PostWillMill, on 13 March 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

I know that this is a rule now. However, my bike (R3) doesnt have enough room on the rear of the lower for numbers that are large enough. So, Im not sure what to do.


Those pictured on our R3 are relief cut - that is the number is cut from the white circle of vinyl so the paint color shows through the circle. If it works for you paint scheme, send me your number and I'll cut a set for you...already have the white but the yellow is on it's way in case my daughter decides to race this year.
0

#22 User is offline   WillMill Icon

  • Race Body Paint Guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 304
  • Joined: 27-July 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Madison Lake, MN
  • Ride:CBR600 YZ426F R3 KDX250 PE250

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

View PostMark.Fisk, on 28 March 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Those pictured on our R3 are relief cut - that is the number is cut from the white circle of vinyl so the paint color shows through the circle. If it works for you paint scheme, send me your number and I'll cut a set for you...already have the white but the yellow is on it's way in case my daughter decides to race this year.


I appreciate the offer, but Ive already got some numbers printed for mine up front like that. Thanks!
0

#23 User is offline   James205 Icon

  • I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 1,562
  • Joined: 30-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plymouth

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

View Postvoon, on 27 March 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

You can assume the "intent" of the rule all you want, but the book says
"Section 6, #29e: A number plate MUST be displayed on each side of the lower rear
portion of the lower fairing. If there is no fairing, then separate side
number plates are required."

There is no provision or exception for tail numbers in that wording. I wish it were so, but it does not say that. If it was meant to say either/or, then it failed to do so. When in doubt, do what the printed rulebook says.


That's a subsection, you're reading. The section above says you can run one or the other. If the numbers are displayed on the lower, that section applies.
0

#24 User is offline   Thomas Icon

  • Sir Thomas
  • Pip
  • Group: Newb
  • Posts: 40
  • Joined: 12-June 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chilton, WI
  • Interests:Breathing, Water, 2 wheeled vehicles, kittens, camels, caramelo's, sleep, really big trailers, racing, track days, supermoto
  • Ride:07 HONDA CBR600RR, 08 600RR, 05 CRF450R-SM, 08 CBR1000RR, Wheelbarrows

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:05 AM

I will not be making number plates at the track this year. Thank you.
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users