MNSBR: Ne Trail Rides - MNSBR

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ne Trail Rides Nemadji, Andrews, Solana

#16 User is offline   killerrabbit Icon

• Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?!?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Interests:stuff
  • Ride:r6(race), 300 XC-W, YZ250f, KLX 110, Sr-50

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:26 AM

View PostKent Larson, on 01 September 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Sorry to bug but I could use a little more direction.
Looking at the map, GenAndrewsTrailMap, I see a "non-motorized area" that looks like the Tree Farm but I don't know where Doc's would be.

I want to make sure the single-track you talk about is open to me and my CRF80/XR100/TT-R125 riding family and where to pick up the trail.
Would you mind looking at the map and give me some references for parking and trail head?

Thanks!
Kent Larson in Woodbury

Doc's is a restaurant on the n.e. corner of the trail system. You can park there, have lunch, unload, and ride into the system. Doc's is at roughly laketown road and peterson lane on the map. In real life you can't miss doc's. It's very easy to spot.

The single track isn't marked on the map. I've found one section of single track in the square perimeter of east/west road, dago lake day use road, and willow river north road. The entrance to that section is on the narrow red trail running through the middle of that section. I do believe there is another section of single track elsewhere in the park, I just haven't found it.

Hope that helps.

#17 User is offline   slickmcgoo Icon

• blah
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:1, 'tard

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:07 AM

Great conditions so far - great weather and trails, low traffic though I'm sure it will pick up, very few mosquitos. Our base camp through the weekend is near Doc's, 35w exit 209. Even if we don't meet up, come get some, 'cuz it's prime.

#18 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Ride:WR250R, FJR1300, RC51, RS50

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:17 AM

slickmcgoo - Thanks for the invite. If we can make it, we will be there Monday, 11:00 lunch at Doc's then riding until family is tired. Got family stuff in Rochester Saturday/Sunday. I'll text if we are going to be there in case you want to meet for lunch. I think it will just be me and my 12 year old boy but wife and 13 year old girl may be there too.

killerrabbit - Thanks for the notes. I'll find Doc's easily now and hunt for the single track you pointed out.

TLRSKUNK - Any additional notes on where to find the winding single-track through the tree farm area you mentioned?

WillMill - That Theilman system has been a goal for a while now and we were going to make it down there to watch the trials competition a few weeks back but were warned off because of all the water/wind flood and fallen tree troubles. Does anyone know if the trails are cleaned up and back in shape? I'd really like to check it out this fall.

Appreciate the imparted knowledge, everyone.
Later,
Kent Larson in Woodbury

#19 User is offline   MNMONSTER Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • Pip
  • Group: Newb
  • Ride:2004 Ducati S4R

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:26 AM

i just rode General Andrews yesterday and tracked some of it. Here is a crude map for you. The section with the black X is also singletrack and begins and ends in the southeast corner of the section. Trails were in nice shape.

Posted Image

#20 User is online   WillMill Icon

• Race Body Paint Guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Ride:CBR600 YZ426F R3 KDX250 PE250

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:49 AM

View PostKent Larson, on 02 September 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

WillMill - That Theilman system has been a goal for a while now and we were going to make it down there to watch the trials competition a few weeks back but were warned off because of all the water/wind flood and fallen tree troubles. Does anyone know if the trails are cleaned up and back in shape?

I could be wrong, but I think that the Trail ride, and Trials, are 2 separate places. The Trail Ride is in the state park. Which is only for equestrian use, except for one weekend in the spring, and one weekend in the fall. I have never experienced bad trails on the Trail Ride. Its got so much variety, that there will always be a good spot to ride, no matter how wet, or how dry it is. I prefer that place to be wetter than dry. The fall ride is next weekend, it will be good. You can only ride Saturday and Sunday, but I plan on getting there on Friday. If you go anytime Saturday, while trails are still open, the place is packed, with very few places to park.

#21 User is offline   Jim Hubert Icon

• I'll believe it when I prove it myself.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Data Acquisition
  • Ride:Whatever you'll let me.

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostWillMill, on 04 September 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

I could be wrong, but I think that the Trail ride, and Trials, are 2 separate places. The Trail Ride is in the state park.

You're not wrong. The trials competitions are held on private property.

#22 User is offline   greenbastid Icon

• Not a trailer park boys reference
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:'99 ZX6R, '02 YZ250, KLR650, fiddy, big fiddy

Posted 04 September 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostKent Larson, on 02 September 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

WillMill - That Theilman system has been a goal for a while now and we were going to make it down there to watch the trials competition a few weeks back but were warned off because of all the water/wind flood and fallen tree troubles. Does anyone know if the trails are cleaned up and back in shape? I'd really like to check it out this fall.

Word is that there was quite a bit of damage, but it's been getting cleaned up very fast. It sounds like they're going to have plenty of trail to go around.

Your family will be able to handle the blue trails no problem. If they're up to it, you could try the red trails on the camp ground side of the bridge. The red trails on the far side beyond the bridge gets harder. Nothing crazy, but very not noob friendly.

#23 User is offline   Jim Hubert Icon

• I'll believe it when I prove it myself.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Data Acquisition
  • Ride:Whatever you'll let me.

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:20 AM

http://www.goldeneag...trail_rides.htm

Golden Eagles said:

9/9/16 update: The 2016 Fall trail ride is cancelled. We have had over an inch of rain since 5am this morning, Friday 9/9/16, and it will not soak in for days since the ground is already saturated. It was a tough decision for the club, but as good stewards of the land, it was the only choice we could make. We apologize to everyone that were planning to come, and we hope to see you in the spring.

#24 User is offline   POE Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:600RR street
    '17 Grom
    '14 Grom
    SV650 race
    YZ250F

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:38 AM

That sucks they can't/won't reschedule.

#25 User is online   WillMill Icon

• Race Body Paint Guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Ride:CBR600 YZ426F R3 KDX250 PE250

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:55 AM

Worst news of the year. I plan all year around these two trail rides. Im already all loaded up. Anybody know of any other decent place to go this weekend?

#26 User is offline   TLRSKUNK Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:16 R1 60th Anniversary, 2010 YZ450 Sumo/dirt, 15 Grom

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

Kent- MN Monster knows that area better than anyone. message him and I bet he'd meet you at docs and lead you straight there even if he couldn't ride for Long.

#27 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Ride:WR250R, FJR1300, RC51, RS50

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:22 PM

View PostTLRSKUNK, on 09 September 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

Kent- MN Monster knows that area better than anyone. message him and I bet he'd meet you at docs and lead you straight there even if he couldn't ride for Long.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

#28 User is offline   Blue Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Newb
  • Interests:Um...motorcycles...
  • Ride:1969 Aermacchi HD Sprint 350 SS

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

Anyone have an update on the single track trails at Nemadji? I've never been but would like to get there before the end of 2016. Suggestions for routes for someone new to the area but not new to enduros? Thanks.

#29 User is offline   POE Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:600RR street
    '17 Grom
    '14 Grom
    SV650 race
    YZ250F

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:18 AM

I would also like a condition update for Nemadji. I want to get up there this fall. Or maybe Spider Lake, haven't been there yet.

#30 User is offline   Torchsport Icon

• 300,000+ miles served
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Riding fuel injected, liquid-cooled, 2 wheeled motorbikes.
  • Ride:'16 BMW S1000RR. '15 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR. 2006 Harley V-Rod. 03 Yamaha YZF-R1. 2018 YZ250FX.

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:31 AM

Some guys I know were at Nemadji last sunday. They had fun.
Obviously a bit muddy in the low areas.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users