• You cannot reply to this topic

Stolen RC51

#16 User is offline   zoomgirl Icon

• Group: Newb
  • Ride:03SV650

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

View PostRhoades, on 01 June 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

What part of St Paul was it taken in?

The bike was taken near 280 and University Ave in Saint Paul.

#17 User is offline   zoomgirl Icon

• Group: Newb
  • Ride:03SV650

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:11 PM

I posted this same response on the RC51 forum:

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone for your support and I have an update that will provide closure. 11:30pm last night I got a call from the Saint Paul Police stating that my bike was recovered and in police impound. They said that the bike was not damaged and was ready for my pickup. In talking with them they gave me the address where is was recovered and said it was left in the back yard of an abandoned house, no arrests.

Check out the house, which was about a mile East from my place:

https://goo.gl/maps/AYJJZrL3AT72

I drove past the place on the way to the impound lot and it had city signs up in the windows and indeed is abandoned.

Well, to my disappointment the bike that I found is not the bike that left my place a week ago. I'll post up some pictures but there are some interesting things I saw, and I'm sure you guys will see some things I didn't. Notably two red switches we installed in drilled holes near the throttle, I flicked on and the bike started right up. One Sato pipe was removed and the other one was moved to the other side. They installed passenger pegs... lol. They replaced the top triple. They seemed to spray paint over the rear plastics??? The seat was not attached to anything and there was a bunch of sandpaper under the rear seat. All of the plastics we cracked from where the forced them off and all the locks were drilled. They did NOT remove the VIN...

Seems to me like these morons were not chopping it up but rather using it to ride, but I'm not an expert.

Link to pics before it was stolen:

https://photos.app.g...GE51yoDxVaY7g8A

And here is a link to photos of the bike in the Saint Paul, MN Police impound lot after 6 days of being stolen...

https://photos.app.g...pJdCqGHbAHDgNo2

One things these pictures don't show is the uncountable amount of dents, paint spray, scratches and grinder marks that now cover the bike.

#18 User is offline   POE Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:600RR street
    '17 Grom
    '14 Grom
    SV650 race
    YZ250F

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

I hope insurance can help you out a bit. Most people never see their bikes again and are left with nothing but bad feelings and lingering questions that never get answered. I'm very happy you got it back at all. That stolen Husaberg Sumo was a big drama game and there were good leads, but nothing ever came of that. I hope your luck stretches a little further and somehow the bastards are identified and caught.

#19 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:WR250R, FJR1300, RC51, RS50

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:49 AM

Sorry for your pain.

It's interesting what the police classify as "was not damaged". I'm sure the insurance company will declare it as unrepairable and total it out. I'd let them do that and buy it back as salvage.

Luck!
Later,
Kent Larson from Woodbury
(btw, I have 2 RC51s and extra parts so let me know if you need anything)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users