• You cannot reply to this topic

Unlawful Acceleration got a ticket

#1 User is offline   kuges21 Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • Pip
  • Group: Newb
  • Ride:2006 Yamaha R6

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:45 AM

I got a ticket today for unlawful acceleration aka I did a wheelie and got caught. Long story short I got stuck going on a Lake Calhoun ride and was bored out of my mind, today was an amazingly nice day and I felt on my game so I wanted to hit some country roads where I could get my need for speed on and run through some twisties but ended up going around Calhoun with a friend where you can only go 15 mph and have all your fans blowing heat onto yourself. I wanted some excitement in the ride so I pulled a wheelie in one of the parking lots in front of a bunch of the beach goers. Turned out a couple of BICYCLE COPS where in the parking lot and saw me do my little stunt so they walked in front of my bike to stop me. Not really sure if I got off good or not, wished they would have given me a warning since it was my first offense. Anyone else get a ticket for unnecessary acceleration??? Is it any better than getting a ticket for exhibition riding? Not sure how bad it is since its still going to cost me $145 which is the same cost as every other driving violation like speeding. Just wanted to see if anyone else has been busted for that kind of thing.

#2 User is offline   JVS Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:03 R6, Ssr125

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:27 AM

Well I got a speeding ticket for 88 in a 65 reduce down to unnecessary acceleration and from what the prosecutor said it won't go on my record but regardless I'd take it to court and try to fight it.. Respect will take u a long way

#3 User is offline   7fiddy Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Ride:'04 GSXR 750-RIP & '02 Aprilia Futura & '01 RSVR

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

If you were in a parking lot, I didn't think the police could write you a ticket. Several years ago I got hit by a truck, on my bike, in a gas station parking lot. I was meeting a group for a ride and had several witnesses who saw the truck driver gawking at the bikes that were parked and wasn't looking where he was going. Anyway, the cop said he couldn't write a ticket for inattentive driving or anything else for that matter since it happened in a parking lot. Maybe it's different if you were in a public parking lot (county beach?) vs a private parking lot (gas station)?

#4 User is offline   R1ON1 Icon

• Ya I tightened the oil plug
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:2000 R1; CRF Fiddy; 2001 F4i

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

You ripped a wheelie in one of the parking lots at the lake? Full of people and cars. not tring to hate on you but that's got to be the stupidist place in MN to do that shit. You got off very lucky. That is a govment owned parking lot. You coulda got a recckless and they coulda impounded your shit.

I love wheelies more then anything but come on man be smarter about it

#5 User is offline   Neltech Icon

• Fuck off asshole jerk off dirt ball
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:02 f4i stunt

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

View PostR1ON1, on 25 June 2011 - 11:25 AM, said:

You ripped a wheelie in one of the parking lots at the lake? Full of people and cars. not tring to hate on you but that's got to be the stupidist place in MN to do that shit. You got off very lucky. That is a govment owned parking lot. You coulda got a recckless and they coulda impounded your shit.

I love wheelies more then anything but come on man be smarter about it

+1

but not saying i've never done that

you got off very easy

#6 User is offline   Aprilian Icon

• Caution, Race Track Ahead!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Helping people who run out of talent before they run out of horsepower!
  • Ride:Street Triple R

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

What, no embarassment about your bike being slow enough that you got pulled over by pedal cops (not even on on their bicycles!)?

Sorry to hear about your ticket. In retrsopect you probably now realize that was one stupid place to do stunts.

#7 User is offline   GonZilla Icon

• Desert Yeti
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Deadlifting & Bringing the rain
  • Ride:The Mighty Reaper

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

Youre an idiot and deserve the ticket. You should get a ticket for admitting to hanging at Calhoun too.

Find a stunt lot or learn to control your urges.

Also, use paragraphs next time you come crying to a bike forum.

#8 User is offline   skell15 Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:13 PM

View PostGonZilla, on 28 June 2011 - 02:52 PM, said:

You should get a ticket for admitting to hanging at Calhoun too.

:lolsmi:

#9 User is offline   Natural_Jiggle Icon

• I really don't need to edit this.
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Chozen One Productions DJ
  • Ride:2006 Ninja 650R

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

$145 lesson.

#10 User is offline   kuges21 Icon

• Pip
  • Ride:2006 Yamaha R6

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

View PostGonZilla, on 28 June 2011 - 02:52 PM, said:

Youre an idiot and deserve the ticket. You should get a ticket for admitting to hanging at Calhoun too.

Find a stunt lot or learn to control your urges.

Also, use paragraphs next time you come crying to a bike forum.

:bfinger:

#11 User is offline   ZeroGame Icon

• PipPip
  • Ride:Black 2007 Aprillia RSV1000 Factory

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

Seems a bit late to add here...

the city of mpls has come up with the unlawful acceleration citation to build revenu. As it a city ordinace it is not a moving voilation and therfore does not affect your driving record, oddly at $145 its the same price as a speed, so most just pay it. sure you can still fight it as I recommend you do for any traffic infraction save parking tickets, but it all comes down to what you stand to lose. half a day to a days wages vs 145 dollar fine that has no long term affect insurance wise, its a personal call. in most cases its cheaper to take the day off and fight it.

#12 User is offline   Splash4195 Icon

• Speedracer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:Current 09 R1 THE BEAST, Current 08 SMC 690,Current 06 CRF 450, Current 06 KLX 110, Current 04 636 Stunter, Current 96 Fat Boy, SOLD Current 07 GSXR 600 Track Toy, Sold 03 Ninja ZX6RR, Sold 02 F4I and, Sold 04 r1, Sold 03 R1, Wrecked 03 r6,

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

Well it's a expensive lesson to learn I have one for you.

I received a seat belt ticket from when i jumped in my truck after gasing it up and then proceeded to drive around to the car wash to wash my truck. I didn't have my seat belt on. He stopped me in line and gave me a 120 dollar ticket. I wasn't going more then 5 miles an hour. I didn't have my seat belt on because I was going to have to punch in a code to get my truck washed. So he blocked the car wash line for about 20 minutes and ticked everybody off. The manager came out and chewed him out I just sat there minding my own business thanked him for the ticket and told him have a nice day.

After it was all said and done. I went to the hearing officer and he read the notes on the ticket. He didn't even bother to ask me my reason just tossed the ticket and said have a nice day.

#13 User is offline   Kano Icon

• Interests:My GSX, Snowboarding, DC Shoes, Grand Theft Auto 5, Limp Bizkit, Social Distortion, Tool
  • Ride:2011 Suzuki GSX R750

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostJVS, on 25 June 2011 - 01:27 AM, said:

Well I got a speeding ticket for 88 in a 65 reduce down to unnecessary acceleration and from what the prosecutor said it won't go on my record but regardless I'd take it to court and try to fight it.. Respect will take u a long way

Yes....if you can get ANY ticket changed to 65 in a 55mph zone(in MINNESOTA), you'll still have to pay a fine but it WON'T go on your drivers record and WILL NOT effect insurance rates. Think of it as a really expensive parking ticket ✌🏼️

#14 User is offline   Kano Icon

• Interests:My GSX, Snowboarding, DC Shoes, Grand Theft Auto 5, Limp Bizkit, Social Distortion, Tool
  • Ride:2011 Suzuki GSX R750

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

View Postkuges21, on 25 June 2011 - 12:45 AM, said:

I got a ticket today for unlawful acceleration aka I did a wheelie and got caught. Long story short I got stuck going on a Lake Calhoun ride and was bored out of my mind, today was an amazingly nice day and I felt on my game so I wanted to hit some country roads where I could get my need for speed on and run through some twisties but ended up going around Calhoun with a friend where you can only go 15 mph and have all your fans blowing heat onto yourself. I wanted some excitement in the ride so I pulled a wheelie in one of the parking lots in front of a bunch of the beach goers. Turned out a couple of BICYCLE COPS where in the parking lot and saw me do my little stunt so they walked in front of my bike to stop me. Not really sure if I got off good or not, wished they would have given me a warning since it was my first offense. Anyone else get a ticket for unnecessary acceleration??? Is it any better than getting a ticket for exhibition riding? Not sure how bad it is since its still going to cost me $145 which is the same cost as every other driving violation like speeding. Just wanted to see if anyone else has been busted for that kind of thing.

Just take it to court and tell them you've never been pulled over on a bike before and you 'didn't know you couldn't do that'.

#15 User is offline   aj_day Icon

• I edited this
  • PipPipPip
  • Ride:77 Puch Maxi

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:57 AM

This thread is from 2011

Attached File(s)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic