• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Interests:Shuffel board
  • Ride:Aprilia RSV4, Triumph 675, Yamaha Yz250f CRA # 811

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

View Postre tired, on 22 December 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

Cue Chad.

Also serious:
What is any real difference (lap time or finishing order) in say a superbike built 2006 R6 and a bone stock 2018 R6? A stock R1M or a superbike built R1M in a club race for that matter? How many club racers can max out a stock R1M's performance on any track let alone a superbike built one?

Oh I get it it's fun to build and run them, but would a 'Stock bike' rider in an 'Allbike' race be at any more disadvantage than a SS rider in a GP race; under current rules considering the capabilities of the new bikes?

Might be a cheap and easy way to lure more riders?

I agree. This has been my thing from the beginning. I believe that performance wise, a Kramer is very close/identical to a light SB built fz07. I have also felt that if a lower class GP bike bumps to a faster class then a full GP bike from that class should be able to run ss in the higher class. Mwgp-hwss, Fwgp-ultralight supersport, so on.

#287 User is offline   punter Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:As hard as I can and still make it to work on Monday.

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:34 AM

Cra racers love track time and the current culture and set up with the rules allows the majority of racers to run a ton. Production classes would put a huge performance devide in place.

Racing is as expensive as you want to make it and no matter the cost racers will complaine.

#288 User is offline   POE Icon

• ◊ ◊
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:600RR x3
    Grom x2
    SV650 race
    YZ250F

Posted 23 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

Regardless of where this thread goes with CRA, I'm really intrigued by the recent talking points here. We have some history and perspective that provides some reasoning and legit substance to talk about class changes in a broader sense. If someone, or a group, that has a good sense of CRA, it's history, our current situation, and a plan of what things could look like if this conversation really took off, I could see this producing a major proposal for future rules forums. But, we would be separating ourselves from the other clubs we want to stay aligned with. In that case, these types of changes should be brought to those orgs' discussion forums to gather input on a national stage. The most important part of that would be to formulate a full blown example proposal filled with finite details and thorough reasoning for all the changes. Seems like a huge task, to say the least. But it sounds like you all might think we're coming to a time where it's needed? Is this convo the tip of the spear? Is anyone else out there talking about this?

#289 User is offline   macs pal Icon

• Holy hell......Get me out of here!

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:43 PM

Friday: Practice
Saturday: qualifying for Sunday races till 1:30 3 hour endurance series from 2 to 5. Finale is the 5 hour in September. (Separate points and championship)
Sunday: sprint races. One 16 lap race per class. Ss, Sb, GP all in the race but scored per class. Class championships instead of overall. Raise the price.

When a new bike comes out and is legal for an existing class, let it in. Understand that every bike will be obsolete eventually.

There is my idea of a perfect race weekend. Get some sponsorship for each class so there is an immediate payout for the top three.

#290 User is offline   Champ Icon

• ziggy zaggy...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

View Postmacs pal, on 31 December 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

Friday: Practice
Saturday: qualifying for Sunday races till 1:30 3 hour endurance series from 2 to 5. Finale is the 5 hour in September. (Separate points and championship)
Sunday: sprint races. One 16 lap race per class. Ss, Sb, GP all in the race but scored per class. Class championships instead of overall. Raise the price.

When a new bike comes out and is legal for an existing class, let it in. Understand that every bike will be obsolete eventually.

There is my idea of a perfect race weekend. Get some sponsorship for each class so there is an immediate payout for the top three.

There is a club in Florida setup quite similar to this (FMRRA), really basic rulebook ("production" or "modified", production is very little modifications. You can only run pump gas or Sunoco APEX (MA Spec fuel)), the classes are basically little bikes, twins, 600's, 1000's.

Their grids are not super large. Of note, the only GP machines they allow are the small Moriwaki's and 125 2-strokes in their Moto3 class.

That said, it's a neat concept. What classes in our rulebook would you keep or get rid of? Still run 90s cup? Supertwins? Sportsman? Heavyweight? I read Suzuki just announced they are axing the 750.

#291 User is offline   macs pal Icon

• Holy hell......Get me out of here!

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:07 PM

I have always thought we could get rid of heavyweight and throw in our miscellaneous classes at that time slot. Maybe get rid of one or two. Obviously it would take some discussion. In this scenario I would keep the 90ís cup. Maybe do some tweaking. As you know, nothing makes everyone happy.

I like this idea as it makes a class championship the thing. If you want to runt 5 bikes and go for 5 championships then cool. There will still be people who want to show that they can win on anything.

Another thing that would be cool to see is trophy presentations on Saturday after races. That is how we used to do it and I always found it to be a really fun way to get to know people you might not normally meet. The endurance race gets the big obnoxious trophies too!

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users