MNSBR: Cra Improvement Thread - MNSBR

• 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cra Improvement Thread Got ideas? We want to hear them.

#766 User is offline   POE Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:600RR race x2
    SV650 race
    '17 Grom
    '14 Grom
    YZ250F

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

View PostPOE, on 02 September 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

Does the CRA have an opinion about getting a nice backdrop that we can keep at the track and setup every weekend at pit exit for top 3 photos? I honestly think this is a great idea. Riders' sponsors will dig it, it can add to club advertisement, it looks more organized and professional and it will be a great memento for riders.

Does the CRA see this as a possibility? Has this, or any other ideas, been discussed by the board lately?

I'm still a fan of this idea. Has this had any discussion at board meetings?

#767 User is offline   Champ Icon

• ziggy zaggy...
  • Group: Admin
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:10 AM

View PostPOE, on 25 May 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

I'm still a fan of this idea. Has this had any discussion at board meetings?

No it hasn't, but we are making steps like this where we can. This year we got a nice vinyl banner to put over the posted grids/results to list our sponsors/advertisers to thank them for their support.

#768 User is offline   JonnyDaytona Icon

• Group: Newb
  • Interests:CRA 458
  • Ride:2005 R6 - YZ250

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

I hear so many people complain about late night noise, especially this weekend with CCS, should there be a noise curfew? I don't think there would be a need to enforce it, but it could be along the lines of a gentlemen's agreement?

#769 User is offline   Champ Icon

• ziggy zaggy...

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

View PostJonnyDaytona, on 12 June 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

I hear so many people complain about late night noise, especially this weekend with CCS, should there be a noise curfew? I don't think there would be a need to enforce it, but it could be along the lines of a gentlemen's agreement?

http://brainerdracew.../camping-rules/

Best thing to do is get in touch with BIR security, they are there all night patrolling the grounds.

#770 User is offline   jesse v Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:'05 SV650

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:39 AM

View PostJonnyDaytona, on 12 June 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

I have approached noisy groups at night asking them, "Could we please keep the noise/music/whatever down? I'm a racer and I have a big day tomorrow." It has worked for me.

Otherwise, as stated above, you can catch a BIR security car and report noise. They'll help you.

#771 User is offline   jesse v Icon

• PipPipPip
  • Ride:'05 SV650

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

Maybe I'm too much of a newb to suggest anything here, but here goes anyway.... Is anybody else not a fan of the double sprint format? As an SV rider, I'd rather have four 8-lap sprints and a trophy dash than eight 6-lap (sometimes only 5-lap!) races.

#772 User is offline   Champ Icon

• ziggy zaggy...

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

View Postjesse v, on 26 July 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

Maybe I'm too much of a newb to suggest anything here, but here goes anyway.... Is anybody else not a fan of the double sprint format? As an SV rider, I'd rather have four 8-lap sprints and a trophy dash than eight 6-lap (sometimes only 5-lap!) races.

Someone else actually asked me this same thing the other day - we always are looking at ways to make everyone happy!

They are going to be tough to get rid of though, they bring our highest rider participation #'s as well as most revenue compared to any other weekend.

#773 User is offline   buckroseau Icon

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

I'm new here and I've been trying to get some info with really no success. How do we get kids involved, specifically my 7 year old boy. He currently races motocross and rides a KTM 50 senior. He's been watching youtube videos of kids racing motogp in Europe. Can I bring up to a race with a 90cc sportbike, area to set up some cones and race with other kids at BIR, something? Seems like if more parents saw this and were able to get their kids involved it may take off.

My kid: https://www.youtube....h?v=8FVBF37pC0o

Thanks, Matt

#774 User is offline   Champ Icon

• ziggy zaggy...

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

View Postbuckroseau, on 14 December 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

I'm new here and I've been trying to get some info with really no success. How do we get kids involved, specifically my 7 year old boy. He currently races motocross and rides a KTM 50 senior. He's been watching youtube videos of kids racing motogp in Europe. Can I bring up to a race with a 90cc sportbike, area to set up some cones and race with other kids at BIR, something? Seems like if more parents saw this and were able to get their kids involved it may take off.

Thanks, Matt

Thanks Matt - currently our ability to license based on age is a minimum of 18. We have made exceptions for minors (though usually 14-17) coming in from other clubs with relevant race experience though that is a case by case basis.

This off season we are looking into it a little more closely, though I do not think that small of bikes would be a good fit to run on the big track (regardless of age).

We certainly wish there was more opportunities, there are many club members that have young kids that ride and would love a place for them to do not-dirt riding on a closed course.

Awesome video of your boy - our daughter is 6 and looking for a better place to ride her dirt bike than our yard.

#775 User is offline   punter Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:As hard as I can and still make it to work on Monday.

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

I know voss is taking his kid out to the supermoto tracks in WI. They are on dirt bikes with scooter tires. You might want to look into that. Not sure of any other options at the moment.

#776 User is offline   Thomas Icon

• Sir Thomas
  • Pip
  • Interests:Breathing, Water, 2 wheeled vehicles, kittens, camels, caramelo's, sleep, really big trailers, racing, track days, supermoto
  • Ride:07 HONDA CBR600RR, 08 600RR, 05 CRF450R-SM, 08 CBR1000RR, Wheelbarrows

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

View Postbuckroseau, on 14 December 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Thanks, Matt

Get ready to drive! Kids are very welcomed at the Motoplex at Road America, and Shawano International Raceway.

Share this topic:

• 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users