MNSBR: Anyone need a brand new tailgate for Dodge RAM? $250. - MNSBR

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone need a brand new tailgate for Dodge RAM? $250. (my 2004 Dodge RAM 2500 just blew up)

#1 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:WR250R, FJR1300, RC51, RS50

Posted 09 January 2021 - 06:37 AM

I just ordered a brand new (aftermarket) tailgate to replace the rusted out one on my 2004 Dodge RAM 2500 and I don't need it any more. New in box. It is this one at carparts.com for $146.69 but it will cost over $250 with tax, shipping and handling to get it to your house from them.
KIT1-081417-43-A

The gate on my truck is getting so sketchy I'm nervous stuff is going to just push through the rust and start falling out down the road and I found this one for 74% off at carparts.com! Couldn't believe my luck! (or the big cost for shipping, handling, etc. they charged, but, whatever)

Got it ordered just before my luck returned to form. Here's why I don't need the parts anymore...

A few weeks back, a vibration started through the peddles and steering wheel. It gradually worsened until I stopped, checked the tires (good), suspension (nothing visible or loose) and decided to limp home on back roads. Got there ok. A few days ago, I went out to see how it felt at freeway speeds to decide if I could drive it the 10 miles to my mechanic.

Vibrations were not too bad or too rough just a high-frequency hum at 70 so figured I'd get there ok. In fact, I thought I'd go look at a tree to bid first and risk about 30 miles before getting it to the shop. Then things went like this:
- South on 494 from Woodbury; humming
- Passed Concord; louder and progressing to shaking (crap! better turn around and limp to the shop)
- Move to exit lane for Highway 52 to loop around back North on 494; still bad
- Hit a pot-hole; dramatically worse
- 100 yards later; BAM! Transfer case grenaded!

So now I have need of a new truck and no need for the new-in-box replacement tailgate sitting in my garage. It got delivered while I was waiting for the tow truck with my wife who drove down to get me. If it showed up 30 minutes later, I could have refused delivery and saved ship-back cost.

Carparts.com will take it back but it will cost me another $100 to ship it there. If someone wants it for $250, I'll bring it over for them. I'm sure I'll have to finally set up an account to do FB market place or something but my Boomer butt resists.

Later,
Kent Larson in Woodbury
Talk/text: sex 1 too ate 6 eight 3 for 1 fore
Attached File  RAMTailgate.jpg (430.76K)
Number of downloads: 1

#2 User is offline   POE Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:FTR 1200 S
    600RR x2
    Grom x2
    YZ250F

Posted 09 January 2021 - 02:47 PM

That sucks. What bad timing.

#3 User is offline   Kent Larson Icon

• shut up and ride
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:WR250R, FJR1300, RC51, RS50

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:28 PM

View PostPOE, on 09 January 2021 - 02:47 PM, said:

That sucks. What bad timing.

Thanks for the sympathy.

I'm trying to get my wife to push it on FB market with her account but I think she is going to make me join Facebook instead.
:bankhead:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users