MNSBR: Election Results - MNSBR

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Election Results

#1 User is offline   CRA Webmaster Icon

  • Visit http://www.cra-mn.com!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 13-April 11
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Minneapolis, MN

Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:05 PM

We had our election Tuesday Nov 5th. We had one of the best responses to ballots in recent years. 175 responses which means, per the bylaws, in order to win a position candidates need to attain minimum 88 votes.

Results came in as follows.

  • Brett was re-elected with 109 votes
  • Jes received 86
  • Brad received 66
  • Sarah received 61
  • And there were 3 write in’s

Since there was 2 spots open and only one received the required minimum votes we will be holding another election for the second spot. Date of record has been established as Dec 6th, and election night will be Jan 7th.



View the full article
0

#2 User is offline   Champ Icon

  • ziggy zaggy...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 13,750
  • Joined: 09-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bloomington, MN
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:26 AM

Dang that was a close race! Good job to the club for the high voter turnout, 175 ballots cast is impressive!
0

#3 User is offline   POE Icon

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,535
  • Joined: 01-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Circle Pines
  • Ride:600RR x3
    Grom x2
    SV650 race
    YZ250F

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

Congrats, Brett! And thanks for serving the club! Again!
0

#4 User is offline   teamfrostbite Icon

  • 48 divided by two
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 738
  • Joined: 08-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Frostbite Falls, MN
  • Ride:'07 Triumph Daytona 675, '03Honda RC51, Craftsman Snowblower

Posted 10 November 2019 - 09:15 PM

I wonder if I'll get a ballot in the mail this time?!?!?!?!
0

#5 User is offline   Champ Icon

  • ziggy zaggy...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 13,750
  • Joined: 09-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bloomington, MN
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 11 November 2019 - 05:37 AM

View Postteamfrostbite, on 10 November 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

I wonder if I'll get a ballot in the mail this time?!?!?!?!

Email membership and secretary if you haven't already!
0

#6 User is offline   JohnnyCage Icon

  • No Ragrets
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 4,669
  • Joined: 19-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Burnsville, MN
  • Interests:Roadracing & Guitar
  • Ride:At the back of the expert grid

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:38 AM

High voter turnout and we still have to do another round. :/
0

#7 User is offline   Champ Icon

  • ziggy zaggy...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 13,750
  • Joined: 09-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bloomington, MN
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:40 AM

View PostJohnnyCage, on 11 November 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

High voter turnout and we still have to do another round. :/

High voter turnout is ALWAYS good, but with 4 candidates the election was bound to be split.

Even if we had 10 times the amount of votes (1,750 votes, 876 needed to elect), the outcome would have been similar. Brett would have had 1,090, Jes with 860, Brad with 660, Sarah with 610. Sure there would be some variance but overall it would be about the same # of votes received per candidate when you look at % of votes cast.

This is also how polls work that you see published about politics - they sample a small amount of people and then can extrapolate the data up.
0

#8 User is offline   NOBS Icon

  • Group: Newb
  • Posts: 18
  • Joined: 23-October 15
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:54 PM

View PostChamp, on 11 November 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

High voter turnout is ALWAYS good, but with 4 candidates the election was bound to be split.

Even if we had 10 times the amount of votes (1,750 votes, 876 needed to elect), the outcome would have been similar. Brett would have had 1,090, Jes with 860, Brad with 660, Sarah with 610. Sure there would be some variance but overall it would be about the same # of votes received per candidate when you look at % of votes cast.

This is also how polls work that you see published about politics - they sample a small amount of people and then can extrapolate the data up.



Polls and extrapolating up from that sample; It never actualy works that way in reality though. Rememeber Hillary was going to win by a landslide according to all the fake news outlets polls! Polls, all polls can be manipulated to get you whatever result you desire, just in how you phrase the question or in who you ask- nothing new about that.
0

#9 User is offline   Champ Icon

  • ziggy zaggy...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 13,750
  • Joined: 09-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bloomington, MN
  • Ride:2001 SV 650S

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostNOBS, on 11 November 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

Polls and extrapolating up from that sample; It never actualy works that way in reality though. Rememeber Hillary was going to win by a landslide according to all the fake news outlets polls! Polls, all polls can be manipulated to get you whatever result you desire, just in how you phrase the question or in who you ask- nothing new about that.

Ok
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users