• You cannot reply to this topic

Crankcase Filled With Oil zuma 50 2stroke

#16 User is offline   tall guy Icon

• PUMP THE BRAKES BRAH
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:zuma, 07 R6

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:48 AM

well I couldn't find anything definitive on the scoot. I drained all the oil out of the crankcase by sucking it out of the intake. I put the spark plug back in and tried to turn it over but was still locked up. come to find out that not only was the crankcase full of oil but the exhaust pipe was full as well.I drained the exhaust and it was turning over fine.

I put the intake and carb back on and got her going again.

yamanube: the oil injector injects the oil directly into the crankcase at the bottom of the motor.

i think because the scooter sat so long and the fact that it has 13k miles on it the injector may be a little worn out and was allowing oil past it. because the oil tank is the highest point it was able to fill the exhaust and crankcase.

i guess if it happens again i will be putting a new oil pump in it

#17 User is offline   Yamanube Icon

• On the water.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:Bicycle

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

View Posttall guy, on 23 April 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

well I couldn't find anything definitive on the scoot. I drained all the oil out of the crankcase by sucking it out of the intake. I put the spark plug back in and tried to turn it over but was still locked up. come to find out that not only was the crankcase full of oil but the exhaust pipe was full as well.I drained the exhaust and it was turning over fine.

I put the intake and carb back on and got her going again.

yamanube: the oil injector injects the oil directly into the crankcase at the bottom of the motor.

i think because the scooter sat so long and the fact that it has 13k miles on it the injector may be a little worn out and was allowing oil past it. because the oil tank is the highest point it was able to fill the exhaust and crankcase.

i guess if it happens again i will be putting a new oil pump in it

This doesn't sound correct but I will take your word on it (the oil injection should be directed into or near the carburetor, oiling directly into the cases doesn't make for a very efficient way to mix the fuel and oil). Again, I don't own or have really ever looked very closely at a Zuma just speaking in generalities.

#18 User is offline   POE Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:600RR x3
    Grom x2
    SV650 race
    YZ250F

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:34 AM

Makes sense to me. The oil would cycle through the case and end up in the rings and in the combustion chamber. Think of 2-stroke dirt bike or snowmobile engine that cycles the entire fuel-oil mix through the crank case before entering the combustion chamber.

Fuel-oil crankcase intake (just imagine the blue is fuel-oil and not just air like in this gif. You get the picture)
Posted Image

Oil crankcase injection just sounds like a hybrid way of doing it. And as long as the crank and rings are getting lubed, it doesn't matter if the oil gets mixed with the gas.

#19 User is offline   Yamanube Icon

• On the water.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:Bicycle

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

Filling the cases with an atomized fuel/oil mixture is a good way to lube the crank and fill the cylinders, injecting the oil into a different area than the atomized fuel is not.

#20 User is offline   POE Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Ride:600RR x3
    Grom x2
    SV650 race
    YZ250F

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

Hmm, I'm trying to understand why. In my head, everything is happy because gas is getting to combustion chamber and oil is in the case. I'm not claiming to be knowledgeable on the topic, just trying to use basic principles to understand it.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users