• You cannot reply to this topic

Nemadji Nov 5 Or 6?

#16 User is offline   TLRSKUNK Icon

• I Should really edit this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
  • Ride:16 R1 60th Anniversary, 2010 YZ450 Sumo/dirt, 15 Grom

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:57 AM

Wonder if they are open for Veteran's Day?

#17 User is offline   Blue Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Newb
  • Interests:Um...motorcycles...
  • Ride:1969 Aermacchi HD Sprint 350 SS

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

View Postgreenbastid, on 07 November 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

The big downhill on the single track is something I haven't seen since the Blackhills. Pretty cool that there's a place to get into something that rugged here.

Yeah, the downhill on the single track was a lot more fun the second time!

On the first loop, I lined up the KLX at the downhill and I thought to myself "Well, no matter what we're going to the bottom. Hopefully, it will be on two wheels."

After making it to the bottom without drama it changed to "I made it...I am glad that's over...I won't have to do that again...that was actually kind of fun...maybe there will be more...we should do this loop again!"

#18 User is offline   TLRSKUNK Icon

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:56 PM

First time I went to ride trails there I was alone. as in didn't go with a group.
At the bottom of the hill was a tree dead center. trail went left or right and had arrows stapled to the tree.
I'd seen these arrows before but typically they were accompanied by another sign that said EXPERTS ONLY.
Well when i got to the tree that sign was ripped off and laying on the ground.... I went right the first time and left the second time. I think right was easier. but both were pretty damn technical. and a ton of fun.

#19 User is offline   Blue Icon

• Pip

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostTLRSKUNK, on 08 November 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

I went right the first time and left the second time. I think right was easier. but both were pretty damn technical. and a ton of fun.

Wow, alone would add to the experience; I hope it wasn't wet!

Your memory is correct regarding the Expert vs not at the bottom of the hill; both are technical. Later on the trail, we found an Expert section to be easier than the not expert trail, probably due to less use. It was nice to ride the single track twice in one day; for the direct comparison.

#20 User is offline   TLRSKUNK Icon

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:08 PM

Agreed.

They will be open Friday during the day if anyone wants to go hit the trails with me. track will be closed to prep for the weekend.

#21 User is offline   slopoke Icon

• Interests:takin it slo because I loves you girl
  • Ride:segway to the lrt

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

I was there last Friday it was pretty wet in the am but started to dry late day. My friend went Sunday and said it was great. The only reason I might go back this weekend is because its pretty much the only place open. It's so not worth $35 otherwise. I guess I'm just salty because I slipped going up a greasy hill and twisted my back weird and then got my bike perched in a rut. I just want to know what the fuck bike can even make a rut that deep. I had neither tire on the ground. Wtf?

#22 User is offline   greenbastid Icon

• Not a trailer park boys reference
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:'99 ZX6R, '02 YZ250, KLR650, fiddy, big fiddy

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:29 PM

View Postslopoke, on 09 November 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

I was there last Friday it was pretty wet in the am but started to dry late day. My friend went Sunday and said it was great. The only reason I might go back this weekend is because its pretty much the only place open. It's so not worth $35 otherwise. I guess I'm just salty because I slipped going up a greasy hill and twisted my back weird and then got my bike perched in a rut. I just want to know what the fuck bike can even make a rut that deep. I had neither tire on the ground. Wtf?

I don't know. Some of those ruts were pretty wicked. I'm thinking somebody got in there when it was uber muddy, footpegs sank into the ground and BRAAAAAP!

#23 User is offline   Blue Icon

• Pip

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:38 AM

View Postgreenbastid, on 09 November 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

I don't know. Some of those ruts were pretty wicked. I'm thinking somebody got in there when it was uber muddy, footpegs sank into the ground and BRAAAAAP!

Last Sunday, I was rounding corner and the rut was the only option. The rut was so deep that while riding through the corner, my bike shifted up a gear while I was on the throttle. The front end came up into a wheelie, but since I was leaning left the front tire went left, pointed straight into the woods to the inside of the corner.
In a blink of an eye, I went from on the trail, in a rut, to looking at tree tops and sky, to riding through the woods, to on my ass wondering what the hell just happened.
My buddies came up and were wondering... :huh:

#24 User is offline   greenbastid Icon

• Not a trailer park boys reference
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ride:'99 ZX6R, '02 YZ250, KLR650, fiddy, big fiddy

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostBlue, on 11 November 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

Last Sunday, I was rounding corner and the rut was the only option. The rut was so deep that while riding through the corner, my bike shifted up a gear while I was on the throttle. The front end came up into a wheelie, but since I was leaning left the front tire went left, pointed straight into the woods to the inside of the corner.
In a blink of an eye, I went from on the trail, in a rut, to looking at tree tops and sky, to riding through the woods, to on my ass wondering what the hell just happened.
My buddies came up and were wondering... :huh:

Those are always good trail moments. A buddy rolls up, looking at you with a giant question mark floating over his head, and you've got no answer in the world for how it all happened. :blink:

#25 User is offline   TLRSKUNK Icon

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:57 AM

Here is a video of a friend that has moments like that. still makes me crack up. This is what happens when you pick up a running bike with a reckluse clutch.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users